Concert Tailgating

My football tailgating resume is pretty solid between UGA and the Bills, but we're heading down to Hershey for the weekend to see DMB. What are your concert tailgating essentials? I realize theres a big overlap but it's still a pretty different atmosphere.

Mine:

Grill / Food

Beer

Music (non-performing act)

Football

Shade

Frisbee

Cards

PS- Any music suggestions?

Be careful... a former Florida State QB went to a DMB concert just a few weeks ago.  Afterwards he declared himself god and is now locked up in a mental ward.

365059[/snapback]

Let's get it straight, he went to the Bonnaroo festival. There were plenty of bands that could have caused this to happen.

Be careful... a former Florida State QB went to a DMB concert just a few weeks ago.  Afterwards he declared himself god and is now locked up in a mental ward.

365059[/snapback]

Do people still take LSD? I guess so, and did he call himself a Golden God?

Let's get it straight, he went to the Bonnaroo festival.  There were plenty of bands that could have caused this to happen.

365063[/snapback]

And according to the father, this kid was not under the influence of any drugs.

I'm not sure about a DMB crowd, but for the majority of other jam band shows I have attended. Depending how light you want to travel, all you really need is cash. Everything else can be aquired in the lot. Probably a good idea to bring some beer, but you can uausally get some good deals on great beer. 1 for $3 or 2 for $5. Enjoy.

I'm not sure about a DMB crowd, but for the majority of other jam band shows I have attended. Depending how light you want to travel, all you really need is cash. Everything else can be aquired in the lot. Probably a good idea to bring some beer, but you can uausally get some good deals on great beer. 1 for $3 or 2 for $5. Enjoy.

365165[/snapback]

What the hell would anyone need beer at a DMB concert for? There are other party favors which I'm sure suit the music better.

Caught them twice so far this tour (Cuyahoga Falls & Bonnaroo) and they've been outstanding. Newer stuff 10x better live. Especially Louisana Bayou - both times i got that song Robert Randolph sat in. More of a continuation of last year when they narrowed the setlist a bit, but played the HELL out of what they did. As opposed to 2003 when they stretched their legs and tried to cover all bases.