Question about directions in Buffalo...

It's been quite some time since I've driven around in Buffalo and the surrounding areas. While I'm home on leave I plan to take my wife and kids to Niagara Falls and wanted to stop by the Bills shop on my way home. Is it difficult to get to returning from the falls? I'm planning on the American side as of now because I've heard the border patrol kind of sucks right now. Is it far? It's been so long I can't even remember how exactly to get to the Ralph. :P

I know, I'll do push ups later for punishment. :)

It's been quite some time since I've driven around in Buffalo and the surrounding areas. While I'm home on leave I plan to take my wife and kids to Niagara Falls and wanted to stop by the Bills shop on my way home. Is it difficult to get to returning from the falls? I'm planning on the American side as of now because I've heard the border patrol kind of sucks right now. Is it far? It's been so long I can't even remember how exactly to get to the Ralph.  :P

I know, I'll do push ups later for punishment.  :flirt:

354568[/snapback]

Just come home down 219 South - it's the second exit past the 190/90W merge, a couple of miles past 16/400. Get off at either 179W (Milestrip) north of RWS or 20A (Big Tree Rd.) south of it, head west, turn onto Abbott Rd. (left turn from Milestrip, right from 20A), use the One Bills Drive entrance just south of the stadium.

From there, you can pick your route back to Olean; some people prefer taking 20A to East Aurora, then picking up Rt. 16 south. I like 219 all the way to Rt. 17 (now I-86) in Salamanca, although you can grab either the Humphrey Hill or Killbuck shortcuts on the way through.

And as for the Border Patrol - seems like showing them a military ID should take care of any problems. If not, maybe you could offer to trade jobs with them...

Make sure you have birth certificates for the kids at the border. I think your military ID should go a long way. I always park on the US side and walk into Canada. It seems to be alot easier that way, and the view from the bridge is nice. As was always true, you have to see it from the Canadian side.

Posts like this always make me home sick. No one else that I know of refers to expressways as "The I90." If I called I-75 "The I75", i'd get shot at.

But yes. It is 'Da 190', 'Da 219.'

-Jeff