All 3 phases graded

dorquemada

I wanted to start a separate thread to discuss the notion that the Bills are failing in all 3 phases, 4 if you include coaching.

Offense is obviously in free fall.  They'll have a couple drives where they look like they should then immediately revert.  That's coaching, but Allen too.  Please, Josh, learn to put a little touch on the ball.   Outside of Diggs the WR/TE group simply cant catch a fastball.  There's no creativity, and no speed.  They're all frozen in amber.  Cook was getting some momentum, but can't trust him.  3 fumbles?  Come on.  I guess we'll have to draft another RB high.  They score a solid D.  Maybe they get socially promoted but they aren't capable of competing.  The primary goal of the offense going forward should be to slow down to give the D a breather.  3 and out can take up to 2 minutes of game clock if you manage it right, come on guys.

Defense - I love the spirit this MASH unit is playing with now but they just don't have the horses.  The frustrating thing about this unit continues to be their inability to make big plays in crunch time.  I had hoped that McD had an answer for that, but all we've gotten is a more aggressive bend then break defense.  Every single one of us knew that Denver would win that game when they got the ball back with 2 minutes left.  What a terrible feeling, and it's really a referendum on the team as a whole.  I'll grade them incomplete because despite the massive draft capital used to assemble them, they are barely able to field 11.

Special Teams - this sucks.  When did the Bills ST become so terrible?  I feel like even during the drought the ST would be a bright spot.  What was the Denver average starting position?  the 42?  Who is in charge here?  I liked Sam Martin but is he toast?   Anyway, this unit could and has lost us games on any given day.  Again, McBeane seem obsessed with ST and peppering the roster with supposed ST aces but they are bad.  I'll give them a D as well, mostly out of nostalgia but they arguably cost the Bills the game last night with the 12 men on the field. 

Coaching.  What can I say here?  It's bad, amateur hour, and incredibly frustrating.  I doubt we see any changes because ownership doesn't seem to roll that way.  Thanks for getting us out of the drought McD, i guess.  I suppose it's still possible to make the playoffs but to what end?  They grade F and if there was a worse grade than F they would get that.  F minus.  The only thing that's going to keep me watching at this point is seeing how much more the wheels can come off and how bad the booing gets.  However much you are disgusted by this coaching staff, it's not nearly enough.  You think it is, but it isnt.

Anyway, just feeling the need to vent because that was strait up a terrible game and this group has become hard to cheer for.  I'm sure we'll get a lecture about complimentary football today from coach idiot.  Truth be told, we did see complimentary fooball last night, all 4 phases working together to make fools of all of us, great work guys! 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.