Bad Beats: Degenerate Gambling Disasters

Mikie2times

I don't know what triggered the feeling of reliving this carnage. Perhaps it was hearing people call the Baltimore/Cardinals game a bad beat. Which it surely was. As a devout degenerate of 20 years I have had them go both ways. I have lost on so many onside kicks it doesn't even qualify as a bas beat at this point. I have won and lost on pick sixes multiple times. I have PTSD over game ending laterals. 

In any event, I figured memorable battle wounds could be fun.

Here is my most recent demise. It killed a 4 team parlay that was 16 to 1, three legs in the books. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/playbyplay/_/gameId/401415269

I had Utah State +16.5

28-23 Boise State, Utah State is driving with 1:28 left. It's 4th and 9 on the Boise 14. A score and Utah State takes the lead. 

Interception

Well, at least it's on the Boise 10 yard line.  As good as a turnover on downs. 

Boise State hands it off on the 10. Loss of one. 2nd down, one minute left, TO Utah State. Next play, 91 yard Touchdown on a QB option

Boise State 35, Utah State 23. 

So OK, I'm now alerted as I know what possibilities exist. Very unlikely ones sure, but they exist. How did we even get to this point I say to myself? Utah State was a play away from taking the lead seconds ago and at +16.5?

Kickoff ensues. Tick..Tick...Tick. Incomplete, Incomplete, Sack, now under 30 seconds left. One more incompletion, one more anything that is not a house call and it's over. It's 4th and 17.... I see the score update flash on ESPN. 

Pick 6....

Boise State 42 - Utah State 23

Yup....

Some games you won't forget

Edited by Mikie2times

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.