Haven't posted since 2019 but I have a couple thoughts

BillsfaninCT

JA17 appears to perform best after making a low percentage play work.   If we can agree on that, the failure (in my useless opinion) of Dorsey and MCD is to spend a tremendous amount of time finding ways mentally to frame the mindset of the game.  For example, making a statistically low percentage play work knowing JA17 is better than most at it.  Even if the play doesn't work, the opportunity and mindset is there for the anticipation and justification to do A-F.  I don't have the confidence in the coaching staff to do the mental work required to leverage the elite talent.  

For example, just an example, if JA17 is told, "hey, we have a super hero play here schemed up that you can do and we're going to gamble with it but for the next X plays, if you miss the hot read, try to push the ball down field, miss the open guy man we're screwed.   This play has a much higher chance of working if you can surgically dissect what you see for the 3-4yd per play opportunities.  Even if Diggs is open for 15, you have to know JA it's not as high percentage as Kincaid for 8, just take the 8 for now. You have to execute and the Oline needs your help and we're trying to dictate the game here and help our D out by keeping them off the field.

then in my opinion we get fun Josh but mentally the coaches have to then shift gears and keep fun Josh just beneath sugar Josh.

most of the problems this team, in my opinion, are the coaching staff failing on mental toughness and putting the players in a MINDSET to win.

MCD probably has the right idea because playoffs and superbowls required historically ball control.... but the hard part is the mindset to buy-in for this team.

Edited by BillsfaninCT
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.