My HSBC Rant

My mortgage is with HSBC and I called to inquire about some payment options. I was sent to India to the HSBC call center. It took me 10 minutes to understand the customer service rep and another 10 to get the information I needed.

With the economy of WNY doing so poorly, wouldn't a call center be welcomed? I am amazed at how these companies think saving a couple of bucks moving jobs to India is going to help the stock price. I was so frustrated I hung up. How's that for customer service?

And thank you HSBC - you made my decision to refinance my loan with someone else very easy.

351524[/snapback]

So you buy no products made overseas, because they are cheaper?

Check your clothing labels, cell phone, computer, cups, glasses, tools, cars, etc.... You are just as guilty if you buy something made there.

So you buy no products made overseas, because they are cheaper? 

Check your clothing labels, cell phone, computer, cups, glasses, tools, cars, etc....  You are just as guilty if you buy something made there.

362527[/snapback]

Guess what? You aren't going to be able to buy stuff that's 100% made in america any more. It just isn't feasible.

Guess what? You aren't going to be able to buy stuff that's 100% made in america any more. It just isn't feasible.

362580[/snapback]

Then why rant when someone moves something overseas. They are growing the world economy.

Then why rant when someone moves something overseas.  They are growing the world economy.

362587[/snapback]

You never hear me rant about it.

Look, if I ran a widget factory, and my people were ripping me off for $15.00 an hour because some Union told them that's what they were worth, I would pack up shop and move to China too, where the workers make the same or better quality product at 1/100the the hourly cost or less!