Any chiropractors/back experts out there?

I hurt my lower back on Wed (18th) and suspect that it might be a minor disc bulge problem. I have had a bulged disc in the past and I know how that feels (extremely painful)! However, this problem does not keep me from walking normal nor does it hurt that much to run or jump after the lumbar is warmed up. Also this time I did not feel a small *pop* in my lower back, just knew that I landed on it wrong (doing explosive workout combined with weights). It does give a sharp pain periodically but again, not as painful as the previous bulged disc. Could it be that the disc just got squished but is not necessarily bulging out? What is the timetable on a return from this problem (I'm a pretty fast healer). Was almost done with a 12 week vertical jumping program (horrible timing). Thanks for all of the input in advance.

Saw my chiropractor this morning (she is quite the hottie too :blink:). I actually have a broken bone in my back, which is broken on one side and fractured on the other. It is what they call a "Scottie Dog" fracture, because in the x-ray it looks like a Scottish Terrier with a collar around the neck, and the collar is actually where the break is.

Anyways, to get back to your question. My broken back does not keep me from doing every day activities and walking is no problem at all. Too much physical labor is when it starts to get a little sore. I have been out of work for 2 and a half months and will be out another 3 weeks. Then I should be able to go back to normal lifting and all that good stuff. I work for UPS, otherwise I would already be back to work, but I do too much lifting, getting in and out of the truck etc...

Good luck with your back.