OT ESPN article about Biscuit ...

congrats to the biscuit...  NFL accolades to follow.

339788[/snapback]

I am happy to see him get into the college HOF. He deserves it.

I cannot say the same about his NFL career. He was a good to very good linebacker but he wasn’t great. He had great moments (like his first game). He played on a defense that was average (and sometimes worse than average). As we all know, we didn’t win the Superbowl and that will reflect negatively on voters. Plus, he had off the field issues (which technically should not effect voting but does). He just wasn't pro football HOF material.

I really hope Reed and Hull get in because they deserve it and more than Biscuit.

How about Roosevelt Leaks?  You young whippersnappers have no respect for our 2-14 teams!

339877[/snapback]

Actually he was pre 2-14... He played for the Bills from 1980-1983... I had a lot of respect for Ground Chuck!

Actually he was pre 2-14...  He played for the Bills from 1980-1983...  I had a lot of respect for Ground Chuck!

340766[/snapback]

Texas fullback Roosevelt Leaks

Always good for two yards of pure electricity!!!

Good to see he got in.

I am happy to see him get into the college HOF.  He deserves it. 

I cannot say the same about his NFL career.  He was a good to very good linebacker but he wasn’t great.  He had great moments (like his first game).  He played on a defense that was average (and sometimes worse than average).  As we all know, we didn’t win the Superbowl and that will reflect negatively on voters.  Plus, he had off the field issues (which technically should not effect voting but does).  He just wasn't pro football HOF material.

340266[/snapback]

You think? I know quite a few people who would completely disagree. As for me, I think he's a borderline candidate, but he will get some consideration... Plus, he's a lock for the Bills Wall of Fame in a few more years, and the publicity from that could help his HOF candidacy.

As for the off the field 'issues', remember that Michael Irvin just made the top 15 in his first year of eligibility. Sure, a couple of voters might leave CB off their ballots as a protest... but whether or not he eventually gets into Canton, it'll be because of what he did on the field, not off it.