What to do in Buffalo

Fantasy Island sucks, take him to Darien Lake. Don't people die at Fantasy Island once or twice a week? Rides falling apart or some such accident...

There's also Griffith's park, all of the Amish country, Toronto Zoo, Good 'ol Mumford et al if he gives a crap about American history. What kind of stuff does this dude like to do?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a friend visiting from out of country.

He has decided he would like to spend a

few days in Buffalo, so I am going to pick

him up at BUF and show him around for

3 or four days. I figured I would take him

to the Falls, and maybe to Duff's or the

Anchor Bar, but I am really at a loss for

keeping him busy for 4 days and giving him

a great impression of the area. Any ideas?

I don't live in Buffalo, but often come into

see family. He should be coming in on May 18th

and staying about a week.

332729[/snapback]

There was a Buffalo Literary Walking Tour last summer offered on Saturday mornings at 11:00. I'm not sure if they are still doing it but its an interesting tour that shows Buffalo's connections to Mark Twain, F. Scott Fitzgerald, and Herman Melville, among others. I'm not sure what your friend is into but, if he's into great literature, this would be a good way to spend a Saturday morning.

The number for info is (716)826-0897.

Very true.  A few years a college buddy of mine married a girl from West Seneca.  About 20 of my college friends from Massachusets and New Hampshire made the trip and they were all blown away by Wegmans.  Wegmans is the greatest grocery store I have ever been.  I wish we had them in Connecticut.  Stop and Shop and Shaws are horrible

332782[/snapback]

W.......P-O-P!!

W.......P-O-P!!

333754[/snapback]

I'm partial to the Sheridan Drive one in Amherst, as I worked there in high school (and some summers from college). They just reopened after a complete re-build. I took the wife there a few days ago (visiting from Dallas) at 2pm on a Friday and it was crowded!