Flutie going back to new england

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point.  Between the Bills, Falcons, and Broncos; a full quarter of the Pats' schedule is agaist teams with QBs who are a threat outside of the pocket.  Kevin Faulk has previously filled the "mobile QB" role on the scout team, and Flutie would free him up.

323945[/snapback]

Aaron Brooks too HD, and the Dolphins QB could be any number of players.

Flutie will sell some jerseys and spark a little interest in exhibition season. I doubt he plays a down once the real games start.

I thought he was more of a pocket guy.

As for the Fins, none of their QBs (Feeley, Frerotte, and Rosenfels) strike me as guys who will hurt you with their legs.

323994[/snapback]

Maybe you're right. Brooks isn't generating a whole lot of downfield rushing yardage I guess after looking at his stats. He does score a lot of rushing TD's. I'll admit that New Orleans isn't in the top ten when it comes to my direct TV rotation.

I remember thinking that Brooks was going to be so good when he debuted in 2000 - he's been so inconsistent since. They had that little run at the end of last year but you just never know what you're getting with that team and with him.

As for the Fins, none of those guys strike me as locks to make the roster, so I'm leaving those two games open. :lol: By week 17, any number of QBs could be at the helm down there....

That would be great if NE won the SB again and Flutie got a SB ring before he retired as a Patriot.  Go get'm Doug, you're the greatest !

323781[/snapback]

:lol: huh?

Flutie=RJ+billy Joe Holbert squared