Way OT-Pink Floyd & The Wizard of Oz

I have a quick question. I know a channel/station on Directv has played these two together before. Does anyone know what I am talking about or have I flipped my lid? I thought it was AMC but Im not sure. Anyone have any clue?

I have a quick question.  I know a channel/station on Directv has played these two together before.  Does anyone know what I am talking about or have I flipped my lid?  I thought it was AMC but Im not sure.  Anyone have any clue?

321741[/snapback]

it was me. i did that years ago. man, whatta frightening, yet delightful night.

I have a quick question.  I know a channel/station on Directv has played these two together before.  Does anyone know what I am talking about or have I flipped my lid?  I thought it was AMC but Im not sure.  Anyone have any clue?

321741[/snapback]

I belive it was turner clasis movies

Hey...for all you Floyd fans out there...if you weren't aware, there is the most amazing tribute band, called The Machine

http://www.themachinelive.com

These guys are absolutely incredible. I've seen them four or five times, and each time have been blown away by not only how well they nail their songs, but by what great musicians they are.

They do tour nationally from time to time (see the link above). I highly recommned taking in a show.

Hey...for all you Floyd fans out there...if you weren't aware, there is the most amazing tribute band, called The Machine

These guys are absolutely incredible.  I've seen them four or five times, and each time have been blown away by not only how well they nail their songs, but by what great musicians they are.

They do tour nationally from time to time (see the link above).  I highly recommned taking in a show.

321907[/snapback]

Oops...forgot to mention that at some of The Machine's shows, they perform the entire Dark Side with The Wizard of Oz playing on a screen in the background. VERY cool.

These guys are absolutely incredible.  I've seen them four or five times, and each time have been blown away by not only how well they nail their songs, but by what great musicians they are.

They do tour nationally from time to time (see the link above).  I highly recommned taking in a show.

321907[/snapback]

I saw them and they are very good - funny looking, but very good. This is coming from the biggest Floyd fan out there (actually, I may need some help.)

Concerning the Wizard of Oz thing - yeah that is old, but cool to do when you are in college with your buddies and - uh, studying. :P

If you really want to get weird - Google "publius" and "pinkfloyd" and "enigma." The "Enigma" wasted much of my time in college! But if you like mysteries, the Federalist Papers, and weird stevestojan, than this is for you.

Way back when Pink Floyd was touring to promote Dark Side of the Moon my friend got his parents motor home for the day. He got some folks together to drive from Buffalo to Toronto to see Pink Floyd do the Dark Side show at the stadium. They called and asked me if I wanted to go. It was a Saturday night in August and I told them I didn't want to go. The reason was there was a Bills pre-season game on TV and I didn't want to miss it. It is now a classic regret.

I saw them and they are very good - funny looking, but very good. This is coming from the biggest Floyd fan out there (actually, I may need some help.)

Concerning the Wizard of Oz thing - yeah that is old, but cool to do when you are in college with your buddies and - uh, studying.  :P

If you really want to get weird - Google "publius" and "pinkfloyd" and "enigma." The "Enigma" wasted much of my time in college! But if you like mysteries, the Federalist Papers, and weird stevestojan, than this is for you.

321927[/snapback]

Yeah, if you listen to the end of Another Brick in the Wall Part II, a little boy screams "ENIGMA!" Man, that blew my mind after researching the Enigma. Then the Jersey show on the Division Bell Tour where the lights flashed "Publius." That is what convinced me that there was something to the Enigma,

321741[/snapback]

After hearing about this for many years, a friend loaned me a VCD. I will admit being very diappointed in that there are very few sequencies where it the movie and music/lyrics coincide. Am the only one to think that this 'matching' of movie and music album is a real stretch of imagination ?

Am the only one to think that this 'matching' of movie and music album is a real stretch of imagination ?

322066[/snapback]

Isn't that why Big Cat & his college buddies are/were 'studying'? To stretch the imagination?