Travis Henry to Titans?

marck

I believe the one area that really needs to be upgraded on our roster is the defensive tackle position. Since the Travis Henry trade did not go down on draft day, I started thinking about teams who could use a running back of TH's caliber and this thought emerged.

Why not see if the Tennessee Titans would consider a trade for TH since RB was a position that they do need. Plus I have read about them possibly resigning Eddie George to provide them depth because Chris Brown does have injury issues. Additionally, Tennessee is cap tight right now and TH's low 2005 salary would be potentially attractive to them.

I then reviewed the Titans roster and saw that they have four defensive tackles on their roster at the present time:

Randy Startks who was drafted in 2004 and is a fixture in their plans

Albert Haynesworth who has played well under his potential and is now entering his 4th season

Jared Clauss who is another young Dtackle who has some skills but is really a rotation guy

Rien Long who is in his 3rd year and who had 5 sacks from the defensive tackle position last year.

I believe that the Bills could get either Haynesworth (who does have a contract that the Titans would love to lose), or Rien Long from Tennessee for TH.

Myself, I prefer the consistency of Long to the upside of the underachieving Haynesworth, but at least you make the inquiry and see what type of value Henry has to the Titans. Remember he was a popular player at the University of Tennessee and may want to go back their and could easily fit into the mold of running backs that Jeff Fisher likes in his offense.

If the Titans won't do a one for one player swap, we could toss in Josh Reed since they also have needs at WR.

As always, questions or comments are welcomed.

I believe that the Bills could get either Haynesworth (who does have a contract that the Titans would love to lose)

haynesworth's salaries the next two years:

'05 -- 600K

'06 -- 646K

why would they "love to lose" his contract?

Since he was a 1st round draft choice, I thought their may have been salary cap issues with a split or pro-rated bonus.

Thanks for the clarification.

haynesworth's salaries the next two years:

'05 -- 600K

'06 -- 646K

why would they "love to lose" his contract?

321090[/snapback]

So Anderson is already a failure, since we haven't seen him much in his Rookie year ?

I knew the Bills wouldn't draft a DT once TD and Modrak spoke at the pre-draft luncheon. A 3 man rotation of Adams,Williams and Edwards was primarily used in 2004. On 3rd and long, both Williams and Adams would be standing on the sidelines. Edwards would be the only DT out there.

TD stated we have to see what Anderson has and he takes Williams spot. He stated confidence in his abilities and the lack of a pick on draft day showed that.

Fans are a fickle bunch. They scream about the lack of production from draft picks. Yet when you try to give some a chance to play, they yell about their obvious lack of experience and scream for another teams castoffs. :(

I love Tim Anderson. In his senior year, the Buckeyes were one of the best rush defenses... nobody could run though them. Where did they unsuccessfully run? They tried to run at Anderson and he would consistently stuff... like Pat and Sam do.

I think that Krumrie and Mularkey have seen that in Tim Anderson, and therefore were not scared to lose Pat and did not see the need to draft a defensive lineman. Ron Edwards is ALREADY a better rusher than Phat Pat. With the addition of these two dominant defensive tackles (I use that term loosely) PW became expendiable... and he was expended.

I don't see the Bills looking at another Defensive Tackle (other than to replace Sam Adams in a few years).

Anderson will be good next year, just give him time... you'll see!

Fans are a fickle bunch. They scream about the lack of production from draft picks. Yet when you try to give some a chance to play, they yell about their obvious lack of experience and scream for another teams castoffs.  :(

321115[/snapback]

The ole' Catch 22...can't get hired for a job because I don't have experience, can't get experience if I don't get hired...

;)

I love Tim Anderson.  In his senior year, the Buckeyes were one of the best rush defenses... nobody could run though them.  Where did they unsuccessfully run?  They tried to run at Anderson and he would consistently stuff... like Pat and Sam do. 

I think that Krumrie and Mularkey have seen that in Tim Anderson, and therefore were not scared to lose Pat and did not see the need to draft a defensive lineman.  Ron Edwards is ALREADY a better rusher than Phat Pat.  With the addition of these two dominant defensive tackles (I use that term loosely) PW became expendiable... and he was expended.

I don't see the Bills looking at another Defensive Tackle (other than to replace Sam Adams in a few years).

Anderson will be good next year, just give him time... you'll see!

321128[/snapback]

I agree, Bill. I watch every Buckeye game and Anderson completely stuffed the middle of the line. Very powerful player who doesn't get pushed around. Barring injury, I'm not worried about the DT position.

I believe that the Bills could get either Haynesworth (who does have a contract that the Titans would love to lose), or Rien Long from Tennessee for TH.

321068[/snapback]

Dude, there's no way the Titans would trade Albert for Travis ..... he's their best DT. What have u been smoking?

:(;)