HOW IS IT POSSIBLE HENRY....sees

The NFL is a business in todays day and age. Like it or not. Travis henry wasn't trade because of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

317696[/snapback]

i'm in the minority here, but i think th wasn't traded because he's not that good.

he wasn't good enough to keep his starting job here. why would another team want him as their starter, when you could pick up a back w / a lot more potential?

ex. JJ Arrrington

on top of that travis is a fumbler, and has injury problems. he's in the last year of a contract. if you let it play out, he may want more $$$ next year than a team is willing to pay. Why give up a 3rd round pick for nothing?

Philly was loaded with picks in a supposed "weak" draft. Why do you think they would consider coughing up a 3rd in a better draft?

317631[/snapback]

i didn't say they would. i just said i would run with it if they did.

I agree...despite all the BS that surrounds Clarrett, you have to remember he tore up the college football scene as a Freshman. Possible if he kept his head on straight at OU he's be a top 1st round selection.

317827[/snapback]

two points to consider:

1 -- "if" he kept his head on straight. there's no indication that's possible. the guy even quit at the combine after supposedly "learning his lesson."

2 -- OSU had a pro-caliber OL in mo's freshman season. he was rarely touched until he was a few yards beyond the LOS. i daresay the majority of large conference division IA backs would have put up similarly impressive numbers.

mo is slow, injury prone, and a head case. shanahan's going to look bad for making this move. and if clarett runs for 1000 yards, that doesn't make it a good pick. a feature back gaining 62.5 yards per game is hardly something to crow about.

Well, I'm glad TD didn't let him go for a 4th.  As soon as an RB gets hurt, TH's value will be much higher.

317633[/snapback]

I don't buy this. If a team has a big injury in the preseason and true weakness at backup, they're going to need a player who can come in and learn the system quickly, no? By most accounts TH is not that guy.

This weekend showed that there really is no market for Henry.