Here's hoping and believing...

Its lonely on this side of the fence, but I don't think Clements is in the store-front window.

Its harrowing to have any marquee player entering his contract year, particularly in the Donohoe era, with the "out door" hinges swinging wide; but Clements is a nostalgic pic-- the first of Donohoe's tenure, and arguably the best-- while Donohoe is hardly one for sentimentality, I do believe there are special feelings for Clements-- his production, his fit in the current scheme, and the decision to forego more heralded "guru choices" to slide down the order to draft him.

Donohoe is a draft day juggernaut who has shown his willingness to loosen the purse strings for those who have lived to expectations (as in the case of Aaron Schobel), and the Clements pick is one he can hang his hat, and his ego, on. I think that will be worth the bounty he will offer to keep him in Buffalo.

Peerless was shipped for more than we paid-- a first round pick for a second round player. We are asking the same for Henry-- a veteran and a second round swap for a second round player. We won't get the same return for Clements, a player that brings exposure and acclaim to the Bills war room, we won't get more than another chance to take another risk, and I don't think the potential yield is worth what Clements represents-- to the franchise and Donohoe's sizable ego.