Not sure where Nate Clements trade

RVJ

It in print somewhere else besides this board. I am sorry if someone else posted this before or if its old news.

Rumor to report today centers around the Washington Redskins...the Redskins who own the Drafts ninth pick overall are reportedly considering making a move to strengthen the team's CB position before the Draft in two weeks...the team reportedly would feel more confident in a veteran starting Corner over one of the upcoming Drafts top rookie prospects...the Redskins could become a "player" in the Patrick Surtain sweepstakes and trump the Chiefs offer to the Dolphins for Surtain...however...the veteran Corner that the Redskins apparently covet is Bills CB Nate Clements...Clements has one year left on his existing contract and will become an unrestricted Free Agent at the end of the 2005 season unless Clements and the Bills can work out a deal before then...it's highly unlikely since Clements will be looking to be paid as the highest rated Corner to hit the market in Free Agency which will include a hefty signing bonus...Bills GM Tom Donahoe has a history of not over spending on a player for the sake of his teams Cap....the Bills don't own a First Round pick in the upcoming Draft because it was sent to Dallas as part of the 2004 Draft day trade which enabled the team to land their QB of the future J.P. Losman...Redskins Defensive Coordinator Gregg Williams drafted Clements in the first round in 2001 in Williams first year as the Bills Head Coach...stay tuned!!!!!

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2005PreDraft.html

THANKS BRO, NOW THAT'S WHAT I NEEDED. I THINK THE BILLS WILL BE KEEPING NATE. GO SCREW WILLIAMS

308502[/snapback]

Clements is overrated. He makes too many mental errors, his play is erratic, and he will demand big bucks next year. Take the first round pick this year if offered and avoid big problems next year. No brainer.

I think we are going to miss big Pat. Thats going to weaken your defense enough. Let Nate go next year and draft his replacement this year or next depending on the who is avalible and what picks we end up having.

Clements is overrated.  He makes too many mental errors, his play is erratic, and he will demand big bucks next year.  Take the first round pick this year if offered and avoid big problems next year. No brainer.

308514[/snapback]

How many big plays did he make for TD's. Who are you going put in his place some rookie or troy. I don't think so.