OT: I have been summoned for jury duty!

zevo

I read a few posts on here about other waller's being summoned for jury duty. I'mm 22 and have never had this experience. It says i am to attend on May 2nd. Now right now i am in the most difficult semester in pharmacy school and the last day of class is on May2nd, followed by multiple finals within the following days. Now worrying about jury duty is the last thing i need, but my question is would this be a valid excuse to get out of it? And if i do get picked how quickly to you go to trial and is this going to mess up my exams? Thanks

I read a few posts on here about other waller's being summoned for jury duty. I'mm 22 and have never had this experience. It says i am to attend on May 2nd. Now right now i am in the most difficult semester in pharmacy school and the last day of class is on May2nd, followed by multiple finals within the following days. Now worrying about jury duty is the last thing i need, but my question is would this be a valid excuse to get out of it? And if i do get picked how quickly to you go to trial and is this going to mess up my exams? Thanks

I got selected and was offered a 12 month deferral, which I took. I know have to serve next march.

Send in a copy of your class schedule, copy of your school ID, plus a letter explaining your situtation. Request a deferral until after you are finished with college. You will likely get it. I did that with Erie Co. I requested a 1 yr deferral, got it and then was summoned after receiving my degree. If they refuse, have the school call or even include a letter from them when you mail in the request for deferral. If they then refuse, have your attorney call them. You will get the deferral

Send in a copy of your class schedule, copy of your school ID, plus a letter explaining your situtation. Request a deferral until after you are finished with college. You will likely get it. I did that with Erie Co. I requested a 1 yr deferral, got it and then was summoned after receiving my degree. If they refuse, have the school call or even include a letter from them when you mail in the request for deferral. If they then refuse, have your attorney call them. You will get the deferral

302188[/snapback]

hey thanks alot clump that really helps! Now can i geta deferral until i graduate which will be in 2 years or do theyonly allow a 1 year deferral?

hey thanks alot clump that really helps! Now can i geta deferral until i graduate which will be in 2 years or do theyonly allow a 1 year deferral?

302197[/snapback]

I suspect that requesting a 2 yr deferral is very possible. Just include your justifications in your letter to them. Make sure you state that jury duty, even during the summer break would interfere with a required internship (I do believe pharmacy students have them). State that yoo would be available to perform your civic dutt starting on such and such date once you've completed school. I had a friend in medical school who was able to defer for 3 yrs