Left Tackle Angst

The offense calls the plays - not the opposing defense. Work into the game plan, some quick outs to give the right side of the defense reason to pause. Toss a few to the right to get 'em thinking about their left side..

Befuddle them. Defensive "talent" and "superior speed" and so on only matters if the offensive gives up the initiative.

By definition, a defense is reactive. See NE and OC Weis.

I agree stuckincincy. It's best to dictate. Just some thoughts on how to establish that.

a) Power ground game. With the beef that we're employing on the O-line and smashing Willis into them, we got the smashmouth game.

b) Innovative play calling, especially at the proper time. This means no huddle offense, slash type plays and ONLY in between the 20 yd. lines. See thought A for inside the redzone.

c) Execution. None of the above works unless the offense is crisp and not playing sluggish for the FIRST FOUR GAMES. I do believe that if we can execute the first few games and win dominately, that this will pay big dividends throughout the season. I do think this is going to happen.