David Terrell joins Pats

Oh look, another prediction from Nostradamus himself.  Tell us, O seer of all future events, how did the Colts and Steelers fare against new England in the playoffs?

You might want to get ut of the prognostication business.  It's not your strong suit.

Well then, bet everything you can on the Pats to win it all this year. Let me know how that works out for you. :devil:

Bottom line is there's nowhere to go but down for the Pats. The coaching staff is being disassembled and "team" players are being lost. Now soon Brady will be getting paid a good chunk of the team's payroll which will prevent them from keeping their depth and keeping a lot of good players. And it will be interesting to see what happens in negotiations for Brady's new deal. He's already rejected their offer likely because he sees what the Pats do to "team" players when they outlive their usefulness. He defines the "system" and "team-concept" player, but has become larger than life because of the position he plays. So he'll likely hold them hostage for that huge-Bledsoe2001-like contract, and get it. Unless the Pats luck-out and find another system QB to replace him. At least that's how I see it, but who knows, maybe the Pats will win every SB while Brady and Belichick are around. Sure.

Edited by MadBuffaloDisease

Sin

This sucks, I have a feeling this will work out for them. The patriots tend to get every little bit of guys' talent. Unfortunately I always liked Terrell and never thought the bears were a good fit for him(since htey havent had a passing game in 5+ years). But now i hope he fails miserably.

Well then, bet everything you can on the Pats to win it all this year.  Let me know how that works out for you.  :rolleyes:

Bottom line is there's nowhere to go but down for the Pats.  The coaching staff is being disassembled and "team" players are being lost.  Now soon Brady will be getting paid a good chunk of the team's payroll which will prevent them from keeping their depth and keeping a lot of good players.  And it will be interesting to see what happens in negotiations for Brady's new deal.  He's already rejected their offer likely because he sees what the Pats do to "team" players when they outlive their usefulness.  He defines the "system" and "team-concept" player, but has become larger than life because of the position he plays.  So he'll likely hold them hostage for that huge-Bledsoe2001-like contract, and get it.  Unless the Pats luck-out and find another system QB to replace him.  At least that's how I see it, but who knows, maybe the Pats will win every SB while Brady and Belichick are around.  Sure.

295171[/snapback]

So which is it, the Pats are too cheap and are going to screw Brady or they'll ante up and then he'll take up a large chunk of our salary cap?

Covering all your bases I see.

I feel very reassured that you've prognosticated the Pats demise AGAIN. Thanks for that. I'll think of you at next year's parade in Boston.

It's good to see you're getting creative with your absurd predictions, but you won't be like the real Nostradamus until you start writing in quatrain form.

Sorry but predicting the Pats to not reach the SB again after losing their coordinators and key players from their SB run is much more reality than the fantasy that everything will stay the same because Belichick is the coach and Brady is the QB. Better coach/QB combos haven't been able to sustain that level of success. And again, Brady's contract will soon become an issue WRT the salary cap, one way or another.

So which is it, the Pats are too cheap and are going to screw Brady or they'll ante up and then he'll take up a large chunk of our salary cap?

Covering all your bases I see.

The Pats have already proven that they're cheap AND have no loyalty, even though they expect it from their players. Brady and his agents aren't dummies and obviously see this. That's why they're holding-out for a huge signing bonus upfront which will ensure the Pats have to keep him for awhile, instead of being able to cut him at their whim. So the question is, how valuable is Brady to the Patriots? Do they cave-in to his demands and screw their cap for the present and future or do they take a hardline approach, have a $10+M (which is ~1/8th of the cap) cap hit for the next 2 years and then have to franchise him for about the same amount, if not more, with the promise of an even BIGGER contract, and screw their cap for the present? I don't know, but the end result is the Pats will be paying Brady a ton one way or another, and that means losing players at other positions. And as we've seen, the Pats rely more on coaching/defense than on Brady.

I feel very reassured that you've prognosticated the Pats demise AGAIN.    Thanks for that.      I'll think of you at next year's parade in Boston.

Sounds like the makings of a bet to me. Care to wager on the chances of that parade happening?