SUW- my trip to Buffalo 8/20-8/30

nothing important, just the thoughts that stuck with me

-went to the kids game with my wife, 2 and 4 year olds and about 16 friends and family. Rich is still the best stadium in the world although the Jumbotron is on the small side ( i remember when it was the biggest in the league)

-gained 5 lbs from a steady diet of pizza, subs, wings, fingers and beer

-no one works downtown. on more than one occasion the 290 was gridlocked and the 33 was empty in both directions. everyone lives and works in the suburbs.

-for a city that is broke there sure are a lot of fun things to do for free. went to the biker rally/peter frampton concert on Sunday with a great fireworks display in front of city hall and Thursday at the Square.

-saw alot of much needed road construction. the 290 was being redone at night, the 33 was just completed and Walden/Transit & Walden/Union intersections were getting much needed rebuilds.

- went to my cousins wedding the last Saturday. the reception was at club Italia in the Falls. baby Joe Mesi was there. he is a huge celebrity in Buffalo. no one else in the world has ever heard of him. i told people in Chicago and Wisconsin that he was there and they said 'who??' he is also not that big. looks like more of a light heavy weight to me. half the people i talked to said he was done, the other half said he was fighting Tyson at Rich next spring.

-Beaver Island Beach is a lot cleaner than i remember. the kids had a riot there.

all in all a great trip and a great place to visit. too bad there are no jobs except if you work for the city/county/state and mismanaged government or it would be a great place to live also.

My wife and I took our practice squad to Fantasy Island for a day... fun, wow, indeed. Kids had a great time. It's affordable too, unlike the bigger places.

My son and I had a blast at the kids game, which was his first Bills game :-)

nothing important, just the thoughts that stuck with me

-went to the kids game with my wife, 2 and 4 year olds and about 16 friends and family. Rich is still the best stadium in the world although the Jumbotron is on the small side ( i remember when it was the biggest in the league)

-gained 5 lbs from a steady diet of pizza, subs, wings, fingers and beer

-no one works downtown. on more than one occasion the 290 was gridlocked and the 33 was empty in both directions. everyone lives and works in the suburbs.

-for a city that is broke there sure are a lot of fun things to do for free. went to the biker rally/peter frampton concert on Sunday with a great fireworks display in front of city hall and Thursday at the Square.

-saw alot of much needed road construction. the 290 was being redone at night, the 33 was just completed and Walden/Transit & Walden/Union intersections were getting much needed rebuilds.

- went to my cousins wedding the last Saturday. the reception was at club Italia in the Falls.  baby Joe Mesi was there. he is a huge celebrity in Buffalo. no one else in the world has ever heard of him. i told people in Chicago and Wisconsin that he was there and they said 'who??' he is also not that big. looks like more of a light heavy weight to me. half the people i talked to said he was done, the other half said he was fighting Tyson at Rich next spring.

-Beaver Island Beach is a lot cleaner than i remember. the kids had a riot there.

all in all a great trip and a great place to visit. too bad there are no jobs except if you work for the city/county/state and mismanaged government or it would be a great place to live also.

21822[/snapback]