Bad Breakup Stories

Kristaps Porzingis requested and got a trade from the Knicks. It happened today :( they say it takes half the time you spent with someone to truly get over them. It'll be a tough 1.5 years but I will work on bettering myself and learning new skills.

One instantly comes to mind. I was in grad school & did some bartending at a college bar. The bar was always busy. I had been dating an undergrad for about a year. She was cute & intelligent with a great body. She was also affectionate, nice, and loyal so a solid catch for me. Meantime, I was growing tired of her and shagging around. 

She comes into the bar one night and sits right where I am setup. I can tell she has been drinking. And the bar is crowded. She asks for a drink and when I hand it to her she grabs my arm and asks rather loudly “Tell me you don’t love me anymore”. Some people hear her and I can feel the gazes. Obviously, this is not the right place for this conversation so I say to her “Donna, I’m working. Can we talk about this later?” She says louder “No, I want to know now. Tell me you don’t love me.” Well, I realize this is my fault as I should have told her a while back and I am going to look like a heel right now...which I deserve. I stop, look directly at her, and say “No, I don’t love you anymore.” She starts crying. I am working so I move to another part of the bar & take an order.

i still feel awful about that to this day and regret I did not inform her when I began to drift aeay. But it had an impact. I made sure I was always upfront in subsequent relationships.