Timmy Chang ?

qrtrnose

Anyone ever watch their games?  Their offense was designed for 30-40 yard bombs.

287205[/snapback]

Precisely! Hawaii's head coach is former NFL guy June Jones, who runs a down-the-field passing attack.

Hawaii's QB prior to Chang was a guy named Nick Rolovich, who played high school ball at Marin Catholic High School, just a mile from my house in the Bay Area. Having watched Rolovich a lot in high school, I was thrilled to see him tear up every Hawaii passing record... until Chang came along and surpassed Rolovich in most categories.

For two years after graduating, and Rolovich spent a lot of time in NFL camps (mostly the Broncos) without making the roster... then went to NFL Europe... and now is playing for San Jose in the Arena League. Turns out that his numbers at Hawaii were mostly a product of the offensive scheme and the poor quality of competition. I'd speculate a similar future for Chang.

They also have a captive ref crew that does all their games, season after season, who will flag the opposition if they so much as take a breath of air.

Coach Jones is fun to watch. He and his wife got in a serious auto accident several years ago which pretty much busted up all their bones.

Junie moves up and down the sidelines, always keeping aft of the action so he won't get hit, in case a play goes into the sidelines. Can't fault him for that. :angry:

Willie Totten? 

He was a replacement player from the '87 squad.  He was the QB for Jerry Rice in college.

286951[/snapback]

Willie Totten or Won't he Totten, that is the question?