Lee Evans player diary

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3138

Lee Evans Player Diary: A Whirlwind Day

Buffalobills.com

03/22/2005 4:00 PM

The following is an excerpt from Lee Evans Player Diary on his draft day experiences last year. It's an exclusive found only in the pre-draft issue of Bills Digest, on newsstands in WNY March 24 at your local Wegmans, Tops and Noco Express shops. To subscribe call 1-800-93-BILLS or subscribe online at www.billsdigestonline.com!

Bills Digest is excited to welcome Lee Evans as this year's contributor for our monthly Player Diary during the 2005 season. Entering his second year, Evans will share his insight from the locker room in an important year for the offense under the leadership of fellow 2004 first round pick J.P. Losman. It's a first person account that will only be found in Bills Digest. In his first installment Evans takes a look back at the 2004 NFL Draft.

Thinking back to last spring, I can safely say that my nerves were jumping as Paul Tagliabue stepped to the podium and said, 'San Diego is on the clock,' at the beginning of the draft. You never know what to expect and that's what makes you so antsy. The anticipation just kills you sitting there and waiting for your name to get called. I was blessed enough to go 13 off the board and that seemed like forever, so I can only imagine what people in the third round or the second day felt like.

It's really hard to put into words what it feels like waiting to be drafted, but I guess it's similar to when you're a little kid waiting for Christmas to come. Sooner or later you know it's going to come, and you're just kind of waiting and waiting. It's that type of feeling.

With all that time to sit there and wait it's hard not to speculate as to when you might be taken and by what team. So many people are telling you so many things that you really don't know what to believe. You've just got to wait and see and that's what is difficult about it.

People might find it hard to believe that I had worries on draft day since I wound up being a number one pick, but I had a roller coaster of emotions. At one point I felt I was going high, then I thought to myself, 'Uh oh…