ProTip to buying tickets

boyst

On Thursday I began truly watching tickets to this weekends game.  I saw tickets all remained well above face value for the lower bowl between the 40's.  I saw those tickets not move much over the last few weeks which tells me they're going to drop quickly.

The following is an ancient martial arts law I learned from a master sensei of ticket brokerage.  Never buy early when the venue is a professional sports or major concert.

On Stubhub...At their peak the tickets to Baltimore were over $220 for between the 40's.

Last Thursday the tickets were at the least $180

At 9am this morning the same tickets were $60 for a ticket behind the Bills bench, 24 rows up.

Just now the same section behind the Bills bench 6 rows up is $39 per ticket.

The cheapest tickets  are $8 in the nose bleeds.  Average upper deck tickets are $10ish

Lower bowl corner are $25ish

By kickoff I anticipate that lower bowl tickets to be less than $20 to sit between the 40's.

Moral of the story, never, ever buy tickets early to a game.  Never waste your money for high prices.  Even if you pay Stubfees per ticket on those seats you're paying less than $60 per seat.

(and if you're going to a concert it is the same way.  Also, get cheap seats and watch your event on LNExperience.com if it is a live nation event and you can upgrade to pit or front row seats for about $20.  Also, SH sells 1 hour in to the event.  For concerts that means you just miss the opening act and people drop the prices like crazy.)

If this Bills lose today I expect tickets to the Chargers game to be under $40 for lower bowl next Sunday morning.  If the Bills win I expect tickets to sell a little higher around $65.  I do not have tickets yet and I will not get them until noon next week.

If anyone wants help buying to things, let me know.  My connection at SH is gone, he quit to sell tickets as a broker and pulls $30k a month just working Hamilton tickets.  It was nice when he was there; he would buy them on his account with a 15% discount and no fees.  I would pay him cash to what he bought them for than give him 10% as gratuity once in a while.

You're welcome.

Edited by Boyst62
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1