Jeff Morrison - notes...

Dan Gross

DJ Jazzy Jeff was just on the SimonCast. Notes that I jotted as he was talking...

On Haggan - Special Teams play may have won him the job over Stevenson.

On Gildon - saw it coming. "Guy without a position."

On Travis Brown - In the perfect scenario, Brown would sign injury settlement and re-sign...play of Matthews surprised the Bills a little. Problem for Bledsoe, losing his "confidante/man on the sidelines"? Not a big one...Matthews has been around too...

On Losman - Surprised by the hit. Morrison thinks he did not think he was going to get hit. He was like a caged animal...needed to get out. Will be part of this football team, attending meetings, etc.

On O-Line - A lot of progress made against Detroit. Bledsoe had time for the pass to Moulds. 30 other teams are dealing with banged-up O-line and questions around offense. But of course there are questions with the Bills. You have a rookie at LG. When he gets knocked back, he sets quickly. Most worrisome is depth.

On Offense - will be much better. Offensive line is "better." Assuming JJ is healthy, MW loses the weight (30+ pounds lost so far). The problem is they were pounding a square peg in a round hole last year under KG. Simplified offense, McNally getting people to block the way they are best suited to block. Running the football will set everything else up.

Thinks the Bills are in the 9-10 win range this year.

Haggan made the team because of his ST play makes sense because he sure didn't look great with his position play on Thrusday night in Detroit.

The personnel that lines up as the ST starters will tell us alot as to why folks got cut and this endorsement of Haggan's ST play may us with some of the reason why the team was comvortable letting Dom Stevenson go.

What kind of a world is it where we hang on the words of a guy like Jeff Morrison?

Whew.

21021[/snapback]

Do you have an inside scoop?

Haggan may never see the field except on special teams. He is third on the depth chart at MLB.

I have a feelilng the bridges between Travis Brown and the Bills may have been burned, first with Brown accusing TD of being disingenuous, and then TD responding by saying he never promised anything to Brown, in effect calling him a liar. It would take a lot for two people who have called each other liars to kiss and make up. Since the Bills like the play of Matthews, and are holding a roster spot for Losman, I don't see TD has having much reason to let Travis back in the door.

Beyond that, I don't think Morrison said anything that hasn't been said multiple times on theis and every other Bills fan forum.