Dammit Ty......

KD in CA

I've been a believer so far, but this 'West Coast Offense' looked pretty damn offensive the other night. Eleven yards rushing is not exactly ND football! I expected the O-line to play much better....last year was supposed to be the learning and growing year. "The Mighty" Quinn had no chance to do anything. :rolleyes:

If we can't beat BYU, I really don't think I want to watch the Michigan game.

The defense played well for the Irish.  I do agree with you about the offense.  Last year was supposed to be a "growing" year for the O-line and Quinn.  How many more of these games before the ND alumni call for Ty's head.

21427[/snapback]

Year 3 is supposed to be championship year for coaches at ND (Ara, Frank, Dan, Lou...). Ok....not that anyone expected that, but the offense has been horrible ever since Ty got here. I love his style and enthusiam (such an improvement over Bob Davies), but I really have to question the coaching philosophy at this point. If you recall, when the Irish started 8-0 in his first year, it really masked a weak offense. That team won several of those games on defense and special teams...they had an amazing run of huge plays on defense during that season. Since that run, they are 7-11 and that ain't gonna get it done.

I hate to start the panic after week one, but after seeing the BYU game, I have a hard time beleiving the Irish can even be competitive with Michigan, Purdue, USC, Tennessee and Washington.

Year 3 is supposed to be championship year for coaches at ND (Ara, Frank, Dan, Lou...).  Ok....not that anyone expected that, but the offense has been horrible ever since Ty got here.  I love his style and enthusiam (such an improvement over Bob Davies), but I really have to question the coaching philosophy at this point.  If you recall, when the Irish started 8-0 in his first year, it really masked a weak offense.  That team won several of those games on defense and special teams...they had an amazing run of huge plays on defense during that season.  Since that run, they are 7-11 and that ain't gonna get it done.

I hate to start the panic after week one, but after seeing the BYU game, I have a hard time beleiving the Irish can even be competitive with Michigan, Purdue, USC, Tennessee and Washington.

21837[/snapback]

For the 1st time in two years... I saw Notre Dame's offense show sign of life. There star receiver McKnight didn't do much. The big surprise was the freshman Darius Walker. Not a heisman candidate (yet), but he got the job done.

For the 1st time in two years... I saw Notre Dame's offense show sign of life.  There star receiver McKnight didn't do much.  The big surprise was the freshman Darius Walker.  Not a heisman candidate (yet), but he got the job done.

29087[/snapback]

Yes, Walker did look pretty good and the O-line had a better day than v. BYU. Hopefully signs of good things to come!

Yes, Walker did look pretty good and the O-line had a better day than v. BYU.  Hopefully signs of good things to come!

29263[/snapback]

I think Ty is on the bubble this year and needs to show he can win with this team. It might take a winning season and a return to the top 25 for him to keep his job. They play a very beatable team in Michigan State (7pm ESPN). A win against them might bump the Irish back into the top 25.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.