ONLY 2 MILLION UNDER CAP??

joopes83

I thought we were something like 7-8 million below the cap? So before the release of Pierson Prioleau (saved $1.25 Mil), we were only .75 million under? Can someone clarify this for me?????

275754[/snapback]

That's what we get when we actually believe in other peoples posts.

I think the News is wrong. The quote no source from the Bills about the numbers, TD said yesterday "Don't believe ESPN's numbers." I'd like to know where we stand, but I'm not sure who is correct. Unless I hear something from the Bills themselves, any number is going to make me skeptical.

The best resource I have seen on Bills specific salary cap info is the work of clumpinglatelets which he often posts about here and can be found at Billszone.cpm. One of the best things about his work is that as exhaustive as this best data available work is, he realizes that even it is not totally accurate and seems to love it when folks present new substantiated info to improve his work.

Unfortunately, there are some who actually argued he was wrong when he had the Bills cap number at a levle well below the convetional wisdom and fact-free opinions often spouted on this board.

I think the sudden dose of cap reality we have recently gotten was forecast in clumpy's numbers. The good news is that the clump man seems to feel confident that the Bills have a number of ways they can easily and without a huge cost to the future create cap room through actions like the recent cut of Prioleau, some restructuring of MW's deal that seems to be happening, and the convesation of bases salaries to be paid this year into bonus which can be amoritzed over several years.

How teams are built is determined a lot in the modern world by the salary cap.

I thought we were something like 7-8 million below the cap? So before the release of Pierson Prioleau (saved $1.25 Mil), we were only .75 million under? Can someone clarify this for me?????

275754[/snapback]

Wire will make room shortly.

BTW, it's disturbing to be losing alot of ST players lately even if they were busts as starters. I trust April and TD to get other guys to play hard there so it's not something we should worry about.

TD said himself that our cap situation is such that it will not preclude us from signing ANY player that he may decide to target. What else do we need to know?

The best resource I have seen on Bills specific salary cap info is the work of clumpinglatelets which he often posts about here and can be found at Billszone.cpm.  One of the best things about his work is that as exhaustive as this best data available work is, he realizes that even it is not totally accurate and seems to love it when folks present new substantiated info to improve his work.

Unfortunately, there are some who actually argued he was wrong when he had the Bills cap number at a levle well below the convetional wisdom and fact-free opinions often spouted on this board.

I think the sudden dose of cap reality we have recently gotten was forecast in clumpy's numbers. The good news is that the clump man seems to feel confident that the Bills have a number of ways they can easily and without a huge cost to the future create cap room through actions like the recent cut of Prioleau, some restructuring of MW's deal that seems to be happening, and the convesation of bases salaries to be paid this year into bonus which can be amoritzed over several years.

How teams are built is determined a lot in the modern world by the salary cap.

275776[/snapback]

I owe you a cold one.....beer that is :rolleyes:

275754[/snapback]

There are planty of threads. Please do a search for either salary cap OR my posts and you will get some of the info :rolleyes: