No bargain basement players in this year's draft

Outside of RT Mike Williams (#4 overall) in the draft, it seems that Donahoe tries just a tad too hard in getting a "deal" on a player for the position that he wants to fill or groom. Granted Evans was a worthy selection but he was also an obvious one too. The success ratio of mid to later round picks have not been favorable. I'm in favor of really stepping up for a blue chipper. I'm just not confident in our mid-late rd. selections. This team needs either a impact player or at the very least, a 1st year starter. No more grooming. Examples of some disappointments, bargains, or players who were groomed but allowed to leave for no compensation.

1) Willis McGahee -bargain, but had to wait a year and hope his leg healed.

2) Josh Reed -disappointment, was touted as a steal.He qualifies for 2 out 3 above categories and possibly all 3 when it's all over and done with.

3) Jonas Jennings- groomed, no return on this investment.

4) Antwain Winfield-ditto.

5) Ben Sobrieski-can't comment, haven't seen or heard of him since we signed him!

6) Drew Bledsoe- can't fault TD. It did look like a good move at the time. At least he was good for gate revenue but keep in mind he did cost us a 1st rder.

7) Sam Aiken- could be another Josh Reed in the making. Have to wait and see on this one.

I'm sure there be some of you that will throw up Terrence McGee and maybe one or two others, but that's about it. Most of our success for players on the current roster came through free agency or early rd picks. It's time for Donahoe to wheel and deal again but this time for a starter for the upcoming season. If that would mean packaging pick(s) and/or a player (TH?) to move in the draft so we can get a stud, then do it. I'm not comfortable having our 1st pick being in the 2nd rd.(#55?). I'm all for a starter NOW! If so, then that would leave either the O-line (Center?) or TE position as the position to fill. Any other suggestions on what position and who that could be?