When it comes to negoiating Donahoe is 2nd to none

John Clayton listed teams salary cap situation and the Bills apparently are under by less than $700,000. Not that I take much stock in what he says, but if we are remotely close to that, then that would lead me to believe a couple of things.

1) Donahoe has done this purposely so he can keep the cost down when he is wheeling and dealing with potential prospects. Can't give what you don't got.

2) He follows up the 1st part of this observation with a great orientation of the organization, coach(s) and player personnel, team chemistry, and opportunity. I bet he even uses the facility/playing field to their (prospects) advantage. You know, great to play on, less injuries so that they'll be prolonging their careers. In short, a great dog and pony show.

3) If there is truth to the cap situation, then you can expect that when it's time to close the deal that there's going to be some trimming of the current roster so that he can fit the final contract(s) under the cap. He can't and won't show his hand too soon, it'll blow the deal. Sometimes you have to slow down so you can speed up. I do believe that Donahoe is only looking for a few pieces in free agency. More than likely it's the O-line/TE. The rest of the additions will be found in the draft, mostly just for defensive depth and/or 3rd WR and a back-up RB. The thing that should be of concern or of interest will be who is going to get the chop. You can bet that when TD gets his few pieces to the puzzle that there's going to be a bloodletting soon after. Bottom line, TD is one GREAT closer! I'm glad he's on our side.

Does any of this sound reasonable? Can somebody add or elaborate on this observation? If you think that this is off base, can you explain why?

Go Bills!

no it sounds like crap... go back and watch lifetime.

just kidding

i think we're all coming to grips with the fact that TD is a great GM when it comes to spending on free agents.

no it sounds like crap...  go back and watch lifetime.

272677[/snapback]

You mother fu*ker

I'm just kidding, too <_<