Jason Taylor for Henry?

JP-era

OK, lets take this one step at a time.

1) As a football fan, on a football board, talking football talk I have the right to post here. I posted a thought I had looking for opinions on whether it makes sense or not. In no way does that mean this is an open invitation to slam me or my thoughts. If you have some personal issue where you need to strike out at people here to make yourself feel better, step away from the keyboard and go seek help.

2) I, like many others have read the rules again and am willing to live by them, however many of you still do not. In response to this post, dont like it at all is sufficient to describe how you feel. I am not on crack, I dont have numb nuts, etc... That crap shows no respect for anyone other than yourself. Its uneccessary and frightens off posters who (unlike me) have thin skins. I actually WANT to here what they have to say, so shut the hell up so that we can continue to listen to them.

3) If you run a quick scan of the posts by the few (insert name calling here) posters who constantly reply with sarcasm and general hate, you will find that the majority of their posts have ZERO football content and are meant to merely intimidate, slam, degrade, and demean. In my mind its is THOSE posters who deserve ZERO respect and a one way ticket to banishment from a board that looks to DISCUSS football. which brings me to my next point.

4) Discussion- its meant to be an interaction between two or more partys on some topic. One one of you "posters" responds with you quikc slams, you shut down others from holding any further discussion. That is NOT in keeping with the purpose of this board.

5) AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL! I have been here for years, I will be here for years, I will follow the rules to the best of my ability and I will not stand by and let some of you attack everything and everyone without saying something. If you crusade against me, you are a crusader which is also not allowed here. Act like adults, respect opinions no matter how silly they may seem to you (ya know, you guys who are so knowledgable that you have earned ZERO say with the organization). Observe tolerance for others, or basically you are telling everyone that you have NO interest in others opinions, and NO tolerance for anyone other than yourself. That would make your presence here an oxymoron and a giant waste of EVERYONES time!

272994[/snapback]

And you wonder why your flamed on a postly basis here. Sure you do research and bring up good points(sometimes) but as soon as someone disagrees with one of your points you always refer back to the TOS! Last time I checked this board was about opinions and voicing them and if you disagree then so be it. But until you stop calling out everyone who disagrees with you then you will continue to be flamed every chance available. Stop adding fuel to the fire and your ass wont get burned!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And you wonder why your flamed on a postly basis here. Sure you do research and bring up good points(sometimes) but as soon as someone disagrees with one of your points you always refer back to the TOS! Last time I checked this board was about opinions and voicing them and if you disagree then so be it. But until you stop calling out everyone who disagrees with you then you will continue to be flamed every chance available. Stop adding fuel to the fire and your ass wont get burned!

273003[/snapback]

some of your simple "research" would show that I did not start jack squat other than a football thought on the football board. I thought we were all trying to raise our game a bit and observe a little more civility. Apparnetly not, apparently this is simply a sounding board for babies who's mommys didnt feed them or who had a hard day at work whaaa, whaaa.

You want to post, "I hate that idea". Fine

You want to post, "your on crack, numb nuts". Not fine

Pretty simple difference there. Let me let you in on a little secret, I really could give 2 craps about replys like that, they dont even remotely hurt my feelings. What I care about is hearing the opinions of people like MarkVI, etc... who do care. There message a few weeks back was heard loud an clear by me, as well as the message for me to stop crusading. Seems that the majority of my posts now are replys to crusaders, crusading against me! If that aint the pot calling the kettle black I dont know what is.

Taylor is about 5 lbs lighter than Ogunleye was at LDE for the Dolphins.  You remember him, right?  Mike Williams sure does, as do I.

272281[/snapback]

Yeah, theres some other guy up in Indy who plays pretty good, some Syracuse alumn, what was his name again?

If not for the cap hit, I'd trade Henry & Schobel for Taylor in a heartbeat.

272328[/snapback]

I hear ya on that brother!

We only need one "Phil Hansen" and Kelsay can do that job just fine. Schobel is by no means our version of Bruce. Taylor on the other hand, yeah I can see it.

I hear ya on that brother!

We only need one "Phil Hansen" and Kelsay can do that job just fine. Schobel is by no means our version of Bruce. Taylor on the other hand, yeah I can see it.

273017[/snapback]

Now your comparing Kelsey to Hansen and Bruce Smith to Jason Taylor? Wow

Now your comparing Kelsey to Hansen and Bruce Smith to Jason Taylor? Wow

273033[/snapback]

The similarity between Taylor and Bruce is alot closer than Schobel and Bruce.

And on the flip side, Schobel is actually a closer proximity to Hansen than Kelsay is, but not by much. Kelsay is more of a road grader type who overachieves.

Dont get me wrong, I love Schobel and dont want to lose him. I just dont agree that Schobel is ALL we need and I dont think we have replaced Bruce yet!

The similarity between Taylor and Bruce is alot closer than Schobel and Bruce.

And on the flip side, Schobel is actually a closer proximity to Hansen than Kelsay is, but not by much. Kelsay is more of a road grader type who overachieves.

Dont get me wrong, I love Schobel and dont want to lose him. I just dont agree that Schobel is ALL we need and I dont think we have replaced Bruce yet!

273036[/snapback]

I do'nt think we will ever replace Bruce. Kelsey and Schobel can produce some good pressure and get the occasional sack, but it seems as their job is to control the run first and contain the qb in the pocket and let the blitzer finish himoff. Jason Taylor is a fine de and he may flourish in a 34 defense much like Bryce Paup did. Jp no hard feelings about the numb nuts comment, i just think it's a crazy trade that will never happen. We will find a home for Travis , but I dont think we will get more than 3rd or 4th rounder

OK, lets take this one step at a time.

1) As a football fan, on a football board, talking football talk I have the right to post here. I posted a thought I had looking for opinions on whether it makes sense or not. In no way does that mean this is an open invitation to slam me or my thoughts. If you have some personal issue where you need to strike out at people here to make yourself feel better, step away from the keyboard and go seek help.

2) I, like many others have read the rules again and am willing to live by them, however many of you still do not. In response to this post, dont like it at all is sufficient to describe how you feel. I am not on crack, I dont have numb nuts, etc... That crap shows no respect for anyone other than yourself. Its uneccessary and frightens off posters who (unlike me) have thin skins. I actually WANT to here what they have to say, so shut the hell up so that we can continue to listen to them.

3) If you run a quick scan of the posts by the few (insert name calling here) posters who constantly reply with sarcasm and general hate, you will find that the majority of their posts have ZERO football content and are meant to merely intimidate, slam, degrade, and demean. In my mind its is THOSE posters who deserve ZERO respect and a one way ticket to banishment from a board that looks to DISCUSS football. which brings me to my next point.

4) Discussion- its meant to be an interaction between two or more partys on some topic. One one of you "posters" responds with you quikc slams, you shut down others from holding any further discussion. That is NOT in keeping with the purpose of this board.

5) AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL! I have been here for years, I will be here for years, I will follow the rules to the best of my ability and I will not stand by and let some of you attack everything and everyone without saying something. If you crusade against me, you are a crusader which is also not allowed here. Act like adults, respect opinions no matter how silly they may seem to you (ya know, you guys who are so knowledgable that you have earned ZERO say with the organization). Observe tolerance for others, or basically you are telling everyone that you have NO interest in others opinions, and NO tolerance for anyone other than yourself. That would make your presence here an oxymoron and a giant waste of EVERYONES time!

272994[/snapback]

Again, why you attacking me constantly? I was agreeing with another poster and welcoming aboard. Your constant hate is not how we want to welcome our newest members.

Sorry Rich but you're wrong.  If you read the board JP-era has now appointed himself mod and owner of this board.  he makes the rules and he has stated this numerous times and if you don't like it, get out.  <_<

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=272339

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=272345

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=272259

272876[/snapback]

Nice try, the misdirection which seems to accuse me of something, has been "read" and tackled for a loss.

As for the newbie, your more than welocme here and will immediately garnish respect for your opinions, something you didnt manage to show me. Better luck next time.

I do'nt think we will ever replace Bruce. Kelsey and Schobel can produce some good pressure and get the occasional sack, but it seems as their job is to control the run first and contain the qb in the pocket and let the blitzer finish himoff. Jason Taylor is a fine de and he may flourish in a 34 defense much like Bryce Paup did. Jp no hard feelings about the numb nuts comment, i just think it's a crazy trade that will never happen. We will find a home for Travis , but I dont think we will get more than 3rd or 4th rounder

273050[/snapback]

You probably right, the 3rd at best is most likely what happens. Too bad, this year was a TERRIBLE year to try to trade him.

We may never replace Smith, I just want to find SOMEONE who will put Peter Brady on his flamy little ars. It drives me nuts watching him have like 6 seconds to throw the ball.

I think that you have to understand JP-Era that your right to post here does not equate to the right to have your ideas universally accepted as valid.

You're also going to have a hard time convincing people that your thoughts have much substance when you call your proverbial daddy for backup as soon as someone questions them.

As far as Jason Taylor for Henry goes, I like to eat steak when I go out to eat. I also would like to pay $3 for a 12 ounce cut of porterhouse cooked medium rare but have not yet done so. I can throw that out there and hope it will happen because "anything can happen," but in reality I know that that notion is absurd.