Teauge's skills from what I remember

jc707270

were more suited towards speed rushers. I have lived in colorado for a while now and I remember shanny didn't like teauge too much as a left tackle. I believe greise was playing qb at the time and people were going back and forth about him just holding on to the damn ball too long (ala you know who) and it made teauge look bad at left tackle. Others where saying (the coach) that he wasn't strong enough for bull rushers or quick enough for speed rushers and was better suited at center or guard. My opinion was that he handled speed rushers pretty good, but you could not have him protecting a statue! He doesn't handle power rushers all that well at times but I thought he played with good enough leverage and smarts to buy the qb time in the pocket, it was a matter of who he protects. So as of this point I think he would be ok for JP depending on what types of plays they will give the young man to run. If were playing drop back and pass offense we might be in trouble, but I see more running this year. So having teauge become more of a seal blocker in the run game and letting willis do his thing behind a TRUE (through the draft) center, power guards, and a big rt could work. Maybe? JMO

a TRUE (through the draft) center, power guards, and a big rt could work. Maybe? JMO

271129[/snapback]

Ding ding ding, we have a winner! Tell him what he won Bob!

Teague will be fine at LT but, like you said we need a true center.

Thanks for saw him alot in Denver feedback and perspective it adds to the Teague file. I think your observations are not inconsistent with what i saw of him as a Bill and actually I feel fine about giving him a go at LT as long as we pick up a better center to do the job there. I think Teague has something to offer as the C for the Bills, but it is not hard for me to imagine at all that we could get better play from another player at C at a reasonable price which would allow us to move Teague to the LT spot I think he can do the job there.

One thing you can prodvide some insight on from being around for his Denver LT gig is to provide a sense as to what degree the ACL injury that put him on the IR the year before his Denver gig slowed him down at all.

He obviously had recovered well enough to play in Denver (good news for the Bills as until he went out 4 games last year for us, I really did not worry about injury as an issue for Teague despite his previous serious ding). It would be even better news forthe Bills if the sometimes longer than expected recovery from his previous injury played a role in Denver deciding not to blow the wad on him allowing the Bills to capture him at a relatively low cost.

I suspect that if Teague were to move back to LT for us, he actually may be a better player than he was was at LT for Denver because I suspect learning to play center for the Bills and needing to understand the play, roles anc capability of the entire OL would help his LT play. If added to that his performance was slowed somewhat but not totally in Denver by recovery from injury, then I will look forward to him taking on the LT role.

Even if Teague was adequate at best at LT in Denver, it is reasonable to expect him to get better because he has learned a lot about effective line play and cooridination and he is fully recovered from his IR injury, I think it is pretty reasonable for us to be quite hopeful about him at LT.

My big question would be about having an effective replacement for him at C. Tucker maybe, but if JMac got DeMulling with the sense he was a better C than Teague, this OL would look quite good to me.