Ravens sign Vincent cheap

i'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that their pro bowl guard kendall simmons is coming back to resume his starting spot in the offense and they couldn't offer vincent a starting job........

sorry, i'll let you get back to making excuses for TD now.......i don't want facts getting in the way.........

270756[/snapback]

So no one brings this guy in and he signs the first deal he can get for pennies but 31 teams missed the boat on him? Or just the Bills?

So no one brings this guy in and he signs the first deal he can get for pennies but 31 teams missed the boat on him? Or just the Bills?

270781[/snapback]

if a team needs a young, improving LG for their power running offense, they missed the boat.......obviously that applies to the bills...........

if a team needs a young, improving LG for their power running offense, they missed the boat.......obviously that applies to the bills...........

270788[/snapback]

Wouldn't that include about 30 other teams? They all claim they like power running. How do you explain that while everyone was visiting other teams, Keydrick was not. How do you explain with Mularkey and TC being Keydrick's own coaches for three years, not to mention TD's ties, and the team NEEDING a guard, they don't bring him in? How do you explain a guy signing for that amount if what every team needs is good, young inexpensive offensive linemen? Are the Bills and the rest of the league just total morons?

Wouldn't that include about 30 other teams? They all claim they like power running. How do you explain that while everyone was visiting other teams, Keydrick was not. How do you explain with Mularkey and TC being Keydrick's own coaches for three years, not to mention TD's ties, and the team NEEDING a guard, they don't bring him in? How do you explain a guy signing for that amount if what every team needs is good, young inexpensive offensive linemen? Are the Bills and the rest of the league just total morons?

270807[/snapback]

not every team in the league has a need at guard and a starting spot available, correct?

you are aware that the falcons were pursuing him as well, correct?

you are also aware that the steelers were also trying to resign him to compete for the RT spot, correct?

i don't know why the bills never bought him in given the connections, the need, the fit, and the very decent price he ended up signing for, but it was a mistake........i would consider it a completely moronic move if we end up with tucker/smith competing for the job.......just like it was a moronic move to hand pucillo the job last year and to not address the need in free agency......if it was addressed last year we would have been a better team and we wouldn't be talking about the position again this year..........

Simmons has had trouble staying healthy and has problems with diabetes. Letting a seemingly great insurance policy like Vincent go seems more like they didn't think too much of him. And the fact that it seemed that few teams were interested in him, and that he signed for peanuts with the Ravens, supports that.

Simmons has had trouble staying healthy and has problems with diabetes.  Letting a seemingly great insurance policy like Vincent go seems more like they didn't think too much of him. 

why go back to the steelers to compete for a job when he can start for another club? that doesn't make sense for his point of view.......and why would the steelers pay someone starter money to potentially be a backup? that doesn't make sense from their point of view either......

And the fact that it seemed that few teams were interested in him, and that he signed for peanuts with the Ravens, supports that.

falcons and browns also showed interest, as well as the steelers.........that makes 4 teams that were confirmed to have interest in him.......

why go back to the steelers to compete for a job when he can start for another club? that doesn't make sense for his point of view.......and why would the steelers pay someone starter money to potentially be a backup? that doesn't make sense from their point of view either......

What Vincent got from the Ravens was NOT starter money. And Simmons problems makes having Vincent, even as a backup, worthwhile.

falcons and browns also showed interest, as well as the steelers.........that makes 4 teams that were confirmed to have interest in him.......

None offered a lot of money for him. And the Bills didn't even show interest. Are you saying the Bills couldn't afford what the Ravens gave him?

Vincent was quoted as saying that he wanted to stay in the division and ignored any potential allegiance to any former Steeler.  I really don't think that we are going to get Demulling.  If you ask me, since #4 in GB is coming back for another year, I think you may see there.

270365[/snapback]

I think Green Bay's going to be really bad this year, and get even worse if BF retires after 2005. This may be a turn off to FAs who want to win now.

The same logic holds for Detroit. If DeMulling wants to win, in addition to landing a bigger paycheck, the Bills offer the best opportunity.