Seeking pledges and support

Campy

Hi guys

Below is an email my wife sent out to all members of our Bills Backers club. I was wondering if any VaBch/Norfolk-area Bills fans would be interested in helping us out with our MS Walk for a Cure this year.

If you're unable to join us or if you live out of town but would still like to help, I am looking for sponsors. Please take a look at this web page and consider clicking on the "Sponsor Me" button to make a pledge as one of my sponsors for this year's Walk for a Cure.

Thanks for taking the time to consider helping us.

Hello fellow Bills fan,

It's that time of year again - time to start making plans to join the Bills Backers of Virginia in the National Multiple Sclerosis Society's annual Walk For A Cure on Sunday, April 10.  Meet up with other Bills fans at the registration area at the Oceanfront at 24th Street (of course we'll be easy to spot with our Bills sweatshirts and jerseys!) starting at 9:00 AM.

The walk begins at 10:00 AM and is 5 miles long.  Along the walk there are several "break areas" with volunteers handing out complimentary bottled water and snacks, so there are plenty of opportunities to rest, and afterwards, participants receive free pizza, snack foods and soft drinks.

As many of you know, I am originally from Houston, and only became a Bills fan through my husband, Chris, who grew up in Buffalo.  I had never been to WNY before, but about six or seven years ago, Chris took me there to visit friends and see my first Bills game at the stadium.

Going to every season's first home game has now become something of a tradition for us, and while the game is always great fun (greater fun when the Bills win of course!), I especially look forward to that trip because it means so much more to me than just going to a football game.

Whether it's the way everyone says "Hi" or "How are you?" in the malls or it's the way strangers always seem to be helping each other, like the man I saw at a volunteer fire department's chicken BBQ who paid for his $9.00 dinner with a twenty dollar bill and told them to keep the change,  I am always struck by the loyalty, pride, and sense of community that exists within the people there.  It's something of a "we're all in this together" attitude that I had never seen before that convinced me that there is no place in the world quite like Buffalo, and there are no people quite like those that call Western New York home.

This year, the Bills Backers of Virginia's goal is to raise $1500.00 for the Walk for a Cure. We treat the Walk for a Cure as a separate event from our other activities, and 100% of the money raised for this event is given directly to the Hampton Roads Chapter of the National MS Society. 

If you are unable to participate by walking, please consider participation by sponsoring a fellow member who will be walking.  Any donation in an amount that is comfortable for you would be greatly appreciated (and is tax-deductible!).

After the walk, we stay at the Oceanfront and have brunch, talk Bills football, and just generally catch up with each other.  All members and guests are invited to join us (location to be determined).

For more information on the Walk For A Cure, please visit http://www.fightms.com.  After choosing how you'd like to help,or if you have any questions, please email or call me (email: bbva@cox.net tel: XXX-XXXX).  After all, we really are all in this together.

Sincerely,

-Teresa Campbell

BBVA MS Team Captain

good luck with the drive.

tho i must confess when i first saw the title of this thread i thought it was an anti-Microsoft crusade ;):devil:

270042[/snapback]

:devil:

I changed the thread title so others wouldn't think I was referring to THAT MS!