A Few Thoughts About Mike Williams

1) After coming into camp as a beached whale last season, he DID pick up his game.

2) His play declined drastically when CV was not in there.

3) I do not understand why people think, from a football standpoint, that he can play LT. When Big Mike gets beat, it is usually by speed rushers. JP has thrown 5 passes. Do you really want MW on his blindside? I do not.

4) While is cap number IS obscene, a true pro bowl season would serve to ease the pain. He has not approached this yet. I hope he cares.

5) There is ZERO reason for Big Mike to renegitiate his deal. Looking at what MacKenzie (RT) got from the Giants, MW probably would not even mind being cut. Less than stellar play at times notwithstanding, he would command a signing bonus BIGGER THAN his 9 mil. cap hit.

6) If he does not produce in a big way this season, #5 will rapidly change. He could be cut after 06/01/06 and it would not hurt the Bills very much.

In summary, this imo is the do or die year so to speak for MW as far as the Bills are concerned. If he steps up to a level of greatness at RT (certainly possible), his cap figure, although high, will be easier to live with, considering the money that other RTs are getting. They ARE catching up.

In 05, he will have CV next to him and will not be saddled with Travis Henry to miss blitzers and make him look bad.

I am hopeful that MW will finally step up and give us a complete season of effort and hard work, and be a pro-bowl RT, which is a great thing for any football team to have.

Cautiously hopeful.