Once and for all...is the TY LAW RUMOR TRUE?

Rudyc80

I don't think that trading Nate is the plan by any means, but I think that he has played very good football for the Bills since his rookie year.  His improvement has been gradual, because he was good from the start.  It's not like a Drew Brees situation where he sucked for a few years, then bloomed.

They've gotten a lot of on-field production out of Nate and if they signed Law, then traded Nate for a 1st round pick then that would make sense.  This years draft is strong at CB.  Very simply, that option beats not getting Law, then losing Nate for nothing in FA.  Using TD logic, Law is a player who is open to negotiation at this point and Nate might not be, and he could conceivably feel Clements is as good as gone after next season.

It's all speculation based on nothing we've heard, but it does make sense and it isn't uncommon for TD to surprise fans with unexpected moves.

264221[/snapback]

Agreed Badol. Nate is a very good player, but I cannot imagine TD giving him the 50 million dollar contract he will undoubtably demand. Looking at the recent ufa signings, this number is not far fetched.

As for placing the Franchise Tag on him next year, I for one do not wish to allot 10% of the teams' salary cap to a cornerback (approx 9 million), and hopefully neither does TD.

No matter how this goes down, imo it is all but certain that NC will not be a Buffalo Bill in 06. I hope that we get something for him.