Tom D should be on the phone with Philly

I hope Tom D is on the phone with Philly right now. They're #1 pick is practically a 2. Giving it up for Travis would be better than anything they're going to get with the 31st pick. Henry could take some of the 1st & 2nd down up-the-gut beatings that's killing Westbrook. They could even put Henry in the backfield and Westbrook in the slot on some of those downs.

I know, I know....NOBODY'S going to give up a 1st for Henry. But you never know, they are so close every year. Maybe we'd throw back a later round pick. With a healthy TO, the Westbrook/Henry combo, and a QB who's eating his soup, that team could be SB champs.

THe Iggles re-signed Buckhalter, so I can't see them trading for a 3rd RB.

263943[/snapback]

That is correct. Why give up a lot for a solid, non-elite RB when they already have one who will be hungry, coming off an injury? Obviously Henry is more proven than Buckhalter, but since the other RB will be splitting time w/ Westbrook anyway, it's not worth giving up anything for a marginal part-time upgrade.

That is correct.  Why give up a lot for a solid, non-elite RB when they already have one who will be hungry, coming off an injury?  Obviously Henry is more proven than Buckhalter, but since the other RB will be splitting time w/ Westbrook anyway, it's not worth giving up anything for a marginal part-time upgrade.

264064[/snapback]

It's fair to say that both Henry and Buckhalter could be considered "injury-prone". The last thing Philly wants is a couple of RBs who could possibly be hurt at the same time.

If the Bills pick up any FA RB, its going to be Amos Zereoue.  Cheap, reliable and familiar with Mularkey's system.  May have even been drafted by TD as well...need to brush up on my Amos history.

264068[/snapback]

No way they sign Famous Amos, because he doesnt fit the mold of what the Bills are looking for. He's a speedy 3rd down type of back who was never able to fully carry the load even after the starting job was handed to him in Pittsburgh a few years back. There's still quite a few reliable backups out there like anthony thomas and others.

I hope Tom D is on the phone with Philly right now. They're #1 pick is practically a 2. Giving it up for Travis would be better than anything they're going to get with the 31st pick. Henry could take some of the 1st & 2nd down up-the-gut beatings that's killing Westbrook. They could even put Henry in the backfield and Westbrook in the slot on some of those downs.

I know, I know....NOBODY'S going to give up a 1st for Henry. But you never know, they are so close every year. Maybe we'd throw back a later round pick. With a healthy TO, the Westbrook/Henry combo, and a QB who's eating his soup, that team could be SB champs.

263922[/snapback]

you would get laughed off the board if you posted this trade on a philly site... who trades a 1st round draft pick for what would be a part-time RB? Henry would net us a higher draft pick than what the Pats had to give up for Corey Dillon? c'mon now

you would get laughed off the board if you posted this trade on a philly site... who trades a 1st round draft pick for what would be a part-time RB?  Henry would net us a higher draft pick than what the Pats had to give up for Corey Dillon? c'mon now

264074[/snapback]

that's fine with me. I'll be laughing even harder when they lose in the NFL championship game or the SB.

Who trades the 31st pick in the 1st round (practically a 2nd round pick) for a 2x 1400 back? Hmmm...how bout a team that really needs someone to take the load of their pass-catching tailback. Duh.

Besides, didn't I say we throw in a later pick? Whether they give us their first and we throw back a 4th or even we get just their second, either way, it would help their team greatly.

No way they sign Famous Amos, because he doesnt fit the mold of what the Bills are looking for.  He's a speedy 3rd down type of back who was never able to fully carry the load even after the starting job was handed to him in Pittsburgh a few years back.  There's still quite a few reliable backups out there like anthony thomas and others.

264073[/snapback]

Anthony Thomas would be one helluva pickup! That is if Travis is no longer with us.