How Would You Rate Free Agency if...

We have already lost Jonas Jennings and Pat Williams, so consider that in your evaluation...but what if the following came to pass in the next few weeks?

(1) We traded Travis Henry for LJ Shelton, who then became our starting left tackle.

(2) We signed Kendrick Vincent who then became our starting left guard.

(3) We were able to retain Marcus Price who remained a key back-up in our offensive line.

(4) We were able to sign Anthony Becht who became our starting tight end.

(5) We were able to sign Mike McMahon as our #2 QB.

How would you rate it? All things considered, if this came to pass, I would have to rate it a solid B. Losing Pat Williams is the biggest loss to our run defense...I'm not sold on Ron Edwards as a full 16 game starter. But if we signed Shelton and Vincent, as well as Becht, we would have one solid blocking line for Willis to run behind. And Mike McMahon would be a solid guy to have behind JP...and would be able to step in adequately if JP were to go down for a (brief) period of time. Comments? Thoughts? Snide remarks?

We have already lost Jonas Jennings and Pat Williams, so consider that in your evaluation...but what if the following came to pass in the next few weeks?

(1) We traded Travis Henry for LJ Shelton, who then became our starting left tackle.

(2) We signed Kendrick Vincent who then became our starting left guard.

(3) We were able to retain Marcus Price who remained a key back-up in our offensive line.

(4) We were able to sign Anthony Becht who became our starting tight end.

(5) We were able to sign Mike McMahon as our #2 QB.

How would you rate it?  All things considered, if this came to pass, I would have to rate it a solid B.  Losing Pat Williams is the biggest loss to our run defense...I'm not sold on Ron Edwards as a full 16 game starter.  But if we signed Shelton and Vincent, as well as Becht, we would have one solid blocking line for Willis to run behind.  And Mike McMahon would be a solid guy to have behind JP...and would be able to step in adequately if JP were to go down for a (brief) period of time.  Comments?  Thoughts?  Snide remarks?

261602[/snapback]

I would give it a B that could escalate to an A if Shelton proves his worth.

I like all the moves.

Becht sucks.

261616[/snapback]

seriously? sucks? Campbell or Euhus is better than Becht?

Franks is my number 1 TE, but Id certainly be happy with Becht, Wiggins, or Jones. Even if you view Becht as an equal to Campbell, I would welcome the competition.

sucks is a touch foundationless.

Are you kidding me?  If we managed to do all of that, we'd have an A offseason.  I honestly dont see how we'll be able to sign a LG and a LT, let alone getting a TE and backup QB of McMahon's caliber.

261604[/snapback]

I would agree 100%. It would be an A based on TD accomodating the salary cap and adding quality depth to our team.

Is that Malta as in just south of Saratoga Malta?