Draftniks - Who is Scott Young

Just saw this kid's combine #'s. Looks like he had a monster workout. Does anyone have any info about the guy (observations, projected round, etc.).

Prospect, School Ht. Wt. Arm Hand Bench 40

Scott Young, BYU 6035 312 34.3 9.2 43 4.93

Just saw this kid's combine #'s.  Looks like he had a monster workout.  Does anyone have any info about the guy (observations, projected round, etc.).

Prospect, School    Ht.      Wt.  Arm  Hand  Bench    40

Scott Young, BYU  6035    312    34.3  9.2      43      4.93

261583[/snapback]

a guy who looks great in the gym. So did Leaf Larsen.

If he come sup for a visit and is decided to be a great addition on the field, Im all for it. If he lasts till the 6th or 7th, why not, whats the risk?

I like his potential but question his on the field ability.

You really wanna know?

Who dis Scott Young kid is...

Excepts below...

He began on the defensive line, but after having talked things over with his coaches, family and teammates, he made the switch to offensive line.

"I'll always love playing defense," he said. "But, I think my experience playing on the D-line has made me more effective on the offensive line. It is just a struggle and a battle every time the ball is snapped."

Weighty Matters

For Young, the struggle begins in the weight room where he has established the reputation of being the strongest member on the team. All weight combined, he has lifted over 1600 pounds in bench (535 lbs.), clean (378 lbs.) and squats (700 lbs.). It is evident that his 312-pound frame is more than just bulky fat.

"I'm really not the biggest eater," he said. "I don't eat that many sweets, it sounds pretty sad, but my favorite treat may be a protein shake or meal replacement."

Young said he was amazed at some the guys on the team when they sit down to eat.

"In the same amount of time it took me to eat a value sized hamburger meal from the Cougar Eat," Young recounted, "Vince (Feula, a defensive tackle) had finished the same meal along with several taco's."

Young's teenage years were filled with food from Hunan Express, where he worked for several years. He still counts the restaurant and Chinese food on the top of his 'foods I would most like to eat' list.

"He's a good cook, when you can pin him down," his mother said. "He really used to enjoy spaghetti when he was younger."

You really wanna know?

Who dis Scott Young kid is...

Excepts below...

He began on the defensive line, but after having talked things over with his coaches, family and teammates, he made the switch to offensive line.

"I'll always love playing defense," he said. "But, I think my experience playing on the D-line has made me more effective on the offensive line. It is just a struggle and a battle every time the ball is snapped."

Weighty Matters

For Young, the struggle begins in the weight room where he has established the reputation of being the strongest member on the team. All weight combined, he has lifted over 1600 pounds in bench (535 lbs.), clean (378 lbs.) and squats (700 lbs.). It is evident that his 312-pound frame is more than just bulky fat.

"I'm really not the biggest eater," he said. "I don't eat that many sweets, it sounds pretty sad, but my favorite treat may be a protein shake or meal replacement."

Young said he was amazed at some the guys on the team when they sit down to eat.

"In the same amount of time it took me to eat a value sized hamburger meal from the Cougar Eat," Young recounted, "Vince (Feula, a defensive tackle) had finished the same meal along with several taco's."

Young's teenage years were filled with food from Hunan Express, where he worked for several years. He still counts the restaurant and Chinese food on the top of his 'foods I would most like to eat' list.

"He's a good cook, when you can pin him down," his mother said. "He really used to enjoy spaghetti when he was younger."

261835[/snapback]

Interesting read (sort of), but can the guy play? is he, as jp-era said, another leif larson, or is the guy just a specimen that is raw after the shift from DL to OL?