The 2017 Bills identity

Crusher

So now with the big moves yesterday, I want to go over what this team will look to do now on both sides of the ball, but especially on offense.

The defense appears to be rather stout and disruptive up front with the tackles and ends, but there are questions with the linebackers and even bigger questions about the secondary. I see this unit trying to force team's into quick decisions and short passes with an aggressive front, but team's that have good QB play should be able to have success against them. I see this unit as better, but I still see them not holding up well against good offensive team's.

On offense, we now appear to be a ball control, game management offense. This is similar to recent seasons under Rex, but now we have little to no ability to stretch the field and draw coverage away or to stop teams from crowding the line. This will be a dink and dunk, gadget style passing offense with rollouts and screen passes to compliment a power run game. The goal will be to try and move the ball methodically and wear out the opposition. The issue will be will team's be better equipped to handle an offense that is even more predictable and lacking big play ability downfield?

I see this season playing out similarly to last season with us hanging around in most games, but coming up short in alot of games due to the limitations of the offense and inability to throw the ball late in games or in crucial moments. We will not put away team's, and this will let some come back at the end and steal a few games IMO.

Anyone else's input is welcome to add to the discussion.