LaMont Jordan to Raiders reportedly

The deal is reportedly 5 years.  Once report had it at over $4M a year, and another had it at $5.5M a year.  What a joke.

259830[/snapback]

I saw a report for between 3 and 4.

Jordan should be good, and I know people say I don't like Henry but he is a lot better, IMHO.

But he is not a 1st tier RB. He is top of 3rd, or bottom of 2nd. He should only get 2.5 or so per year.

I saw a report for between 3 and 4. 

Jordan should be good, and I know people say I don't like Henry but he is a lot better, IMHO. 

But he is not a 1st tier RB.  He is top of 3rd, or bottom of 2nd.  He should only get 2.5 or so per year.

I want to see what Jordan can do being the #1 guy. And I agree that $2.5M a year is the most I'd pay for him. The Raiders are idiots.

I want to see what Jordan can do being the #1 guy.  And I agree that $2.5M a year is the most I'd pay for him.  The Raiders are idiots.

259875[/snapback]

Jorden has potential but is a question mark at best as a starter. Oakland has once again proven that only Washington is dumber about how they spend their money.

Thank God we don't have either of those GMs!

Jorden has potential but is a question mark at best as a starter. Oakland has once again proven that only Washington is dumber about how they spend their money.

Thank God we don't have either of those GMs!

259893[/snapback]

last i checked, the raiders have made the playoffs twice since tom donohoe came on board, and have one super bowl appearance. they may well have had another if not for the tuck rule. also, the last time i checked, the bills haven't made the playoffs since the john butler days, and haven't won a playoff game since january 1996. the raiders are signing playmakers, and are putting the lie to the specious notion that the cap is all restrictive.

last i checked, the raiders have made the playoffs twice since tom donohoe came on board, and have one super bowl appearance. they may well have had another if not for the tuck rule. also, the last time i checked, the bills haven't made the playoffs since the john butler days, and haven't won a playoff game since january 1996. the raiders are signing playmakers, and are putting the lie to the specious notion that the cap is all restrictive.

259898[/snapback]

Not that we need to keep all free agents, sign all free agent, but in a salary cap era, ya snooze, you probably lose. And drafting..... <_<

You grab enough Josh Reeds, Ryan Denneys or have an entire draft like 2000 (I know Donahoe wasn't here) that will kick your team in the ass for a bit.

259898[/snapback]

Would you rather have the Bills roster at this point or the Raiders? I think the Bills have a lot more upside.

Defense: advantage Bills

Special Teams: advantage Bills

RB: advantage Bills

QB: tie (we don't know what JP can do)

OL: tie

WR: slight advantage OAK

DB: advantage Bills

LB: advantage Bills

GM: advantage Bills

HC: advantage Bills (homer pick, but I never liked Norv)

Not that we need to keep all free agents, sign all free agent, but in a salary cap era, ya snooze, you probably lose.  And drafting.....  <_<

You grab enough Josh Reeds, Ryan Denneys or have an entire draft like 2000 (I know Donahoe wasn't here) that will kick your team in the ass for a bit.

259935[/snapback]

i gotta say, chalkie, there's little that irks me more than when fans adopt a bottom-line penny pinching mode and think it's good management. i'm not saying that donohoe is screwing up this year - it's way too early to tell - but this is a freaking sport, a hobby, and i want the bills to win doing whatever it takes - overspending if need be. jeez, some people treat the bills' offseason like wal-mart pricing strategies.

Would you rather have the Bills roster at this point or the Raiders? I think the Bills have a lot more upside.

Defense: advantage Bills

Special Teams: advantage Bills

RB: advantage Bills

QB: tie (we don't know what JP can do)

OL: tie

WR: slight advantage OAK

DB: advantage Bills

LB: advantage Bills

GM: advantage Bills

HC: advantage Bills (homer pick, but I never liked Norv)

259942[/snapback]

oakland's offensive line is vastly - and i mean vastly - superior to the bills. their WRs are significantly better too - whatever you think of moss personally, he made the offense of the vikings one of the best in recent history, and is quite honestly the best wr i've ever seen. porter is a stud as well.

i'll take al davis any day over donohoe. a crank, to be sure, but he knows talent and has the super bowl appearances and victories to show for it. the head coaches are about a draw, but i do like mularkey.

it's hard to predict what will happen next year, but it does seem that raiders are putting the pieces in place. we'll just have to see. as for the bills, there's somethign about this team in the donohoe era that screams not quite ready for prime time. maybe that'll change, but i expect some big bumps next year with losman. of course, i hope i'm wrong. again, we'll see.

i gotta say, chalkie, there's little that irks me more than when fans adopt a bottom-line penny pinching mode and think it's good management. i'm not saying that donohoe is screwing up this year - it's way too early to tell - but this is a freaking sport, a hobby, and i want the bills to win doing whatever it takes - overspending if need be. jeez, some people treat the bills' offseason like wal-mart pricing strategies.

259944[/snapback]

Taking the initiative will often set a team apart from the pack. I don't mean that in a little Danny Snyder way either. Different concepts, usually proactive ones (I hate the word proactive, but it fits) usually win the championships. It is tough in a salary cap era. Over the past 4 years, we have 1 team in the league that rises above all the others. Philadelphia playing the bridesmaid to the bride in New England that seems to get married every year.

I think it is best to try and fill in the DT spot from within. Now we have to find our way for the left side of the O-Line......maybe a Travis Henry trade for a decent player is still possible.