Anyone know if our cap room includes the rookies?

???

259732[/snapback]

Yes, but with no 1st rounder we should expect to pay say, 2-3 mill.

Dont foget our cuts arent over. Henry goes and we save 1.25 mill, Prioeleau is another few mill. That pays for the draft, so its a wash.

Yes, but with no 1st rounder we should expect to pay say, 2-3 mill.

Dont foget our cuts arent over. Henry goes and we save 1.25 mill, Prioeleau is another few mill. That pays for the draft, so its a wash.

259737[/snapback]

Yeah, I was counting on that. But still, our 7.5M is now only 5M or so until we release Prioleau which saves only just over a million. Henry, until he actually gets traded and we know what we're getting, is still 1.25 v. the cap. If we had gotten Shelton, we'd only have about 3M plus Prioleau.

The cap pic is not as rosy as it appeared to be.

Yeah, I was counting on that.  But still, our 7.5M is now only 5M or so until we release Prioleau which saves only just over a million.  Henry, until he actually gets traded and we know what we're getting, is still 1.25 v. the cap.  If we had gotten Shelton, we'd only have about 3M plus Prioleau. 

The cap pic is not as rosy as it appeared to be.

259757[/snapback]

I posted this in another thread...but if you release Pierson and trade Henry for Shelton, its essentially a wash since Shelton carries a 3 million dollar hit. So you have 7 million dollars left...take 3 for the rookie pool and you've got 4 million dollars left to sign a stud LG (which, with the Andruzzi signing today, that can easily get you a damn good Guard).

If we cant get Shelton, then we have to stretch around 5 million bucks for a new LT and LG...which wont happen. So cross your fingers that Shelton is on his way.

Shelton's 29.  Not exactly prime material.  From what I've read he's nothing more than an average LT.  At his age he'll be average for a season or two before hitting below average territory.

259766[/snapback]

Trust me, LJ Shelton is the best possible option for us at LT. Without him, our O-Line situation is absolutely terrible. To think we would HAVE to start a rookie 2nd round pick on that O-Line if we cant figure out a way to get a new LT.

Trust me, LJ Shelton is the best possible option for us at LT.  Without him, our O-Line situation is absolutely terrible.  To think we would HAVE to start a rookie 2nd round pick on that O-Line if we cant figure out a way to get a new LT.

259769[/snapback]

yup. this guy is our best scenario. lets hope the cards/th/td get this deal done. we then will have cash for a guard too.