Humor me.

Guest BackInDaDay

Guest BackInDaDay

Wiggins is a good receiving TE who had a 600K salary last year with the Vikes. I remember him making Brady's 1st year a little easier during the Pat's SB run.

I think he'd be a good addition. I like Euhus, and I'm not that worried about his recovering 100%, so there's no need to waste an '05 pick on another green kid. Campbell's another story. Even if he comes back 100%, Wiggins is still an upgrade, IMHO. Campbell could be released to catch on elsewhere, and another athletic TE / ST player can be brought in.

Coleman is a very good OL. Has been playing RG (and some LG) for the Bucs. His salary was just 535K last year, which seems low for one of the Bucs' SB vets. I'm guessing he had a 'front loaded' contract with a good size bonus upfront when he signed last. It would be worth finding out if he'd mind playing the next couple seasons at LG (and at what price). There aren't many UFA LGs out there, but if we could get Coleman or Vilarreal to switch, oh baby. :doh:

Also, I still think TD will find a way to get Shelton here. From what I've read (nothing like watching, unfortunately) Shelton is an effective, durable, experienced LT. I don't know what happened with Green, but he would fit right in next to a solid LG. The Cards need bodies. They are very bad in all areas, and only draft picks can help them. If Denny doesn't unload his 8th pick in '05 for a late round 1st and a 3rd, someone in AZ should get him in outta the heat! Henry fits the Cards' needs the way Shelton fits ours. I hope this doesn't become the best trade of '05 that never happenned. <_<

We will have to pay more to convince a guy like Fred Miller (released by the Titans) or any other UFA RTs to make the switch to LT, and that could defeat the purpose of letting JJ go. I'd like to move Teague to LT, if only to keep us from paying that kind of premium to either MW or the new guy to switch sides. Trouble is, there aren't many UFA Cs out there that could make that work. Detroit already signed Railoa, but maybe the Dolph's McKinney could work out. I think his salary was about 300K last year.

All this speculation is a catharsis in the absence of any real moves, but it works.. kinda. <_<

Either way, I'm confident TD will get our very good coaching staff enough good players to work with. Go Bills!

...other UFA RTs to make the...

259583[/snapback]

<_< At first glance, that looked like UFART's !

And I agree - they'll be plenty of decent players available. If a team's LT is a bit of a dud, they can keep a FB on the field and game plan accordingly. I'm tired of coaching staffs trying to figure out "match-ups" down to the atomic level, anyway. <_<

Wiggins is a good receiving TE who had a 600K salary last year with the Vikes. I remember him making Brady's 1st year a little easier during the Pat's SB run.

I think he'd be a good addition.  I like Euhus, and I'm not that worried about his recovering 100%, so there's no need to waste an '05 pick on another green kid.  Campbell's another story.  Even if he comes back 100%, Wiggins is still an upgrade, IMHO.  Campbell could be released to catch on elsewhere, and another athletic TE / ST player can be brought in.

Coleman is a very good OL.  Has been playing RG (and some LG) for the Bucs. His salary was just 535K last year, which seems low for one of the Bucs' SB vets. I'm guessing he had a 'front loaded' contract with a good size bonus upfront when he signed last. It would be worth finding out if he'd mind playing the next couple seasons at LG (and at what price).  There aren't many UFA LGs out there, but if we could get Coleman or Vilarreal to switch, oh baby.  :doh: 

Also, I still think TD will find a way to get Shelton here.  From what I've read (nothing like watching, unfortunately) Shelton is an effective, durable, experienced LT.  I don't know what happened with Green, but he would fit right in next to a solid LG.  The Cards need bodies. They are very bad in all areas, and only draft picks can help them.  If Denny doesn't unload his 8th pick in '05 for a late round 1st and a 3rd, someone in AZ should get him in outta the heat!  Henry fits the Cards' needs the way Shelton fits ours.  I hope this doesn't become the best trade of '05 that never happenned. <_<

We will have to pay more to convince a guy like Fred Miller (released by the Titans) or any other UFA RTs to make the switch to LT, and that could defeat the purpose of letting JJ go. I'd like to move Teague to LT, if only to keep us from paying that kind of premium to either MW or the new guy to switch sides.  Trouble is, there aren't many UFA Cs out there that could make that work. Detroit already signed Railoa, but maybe the Dolph's McKinney could work out.  I think his salary was about 300K last year.

All this speculation is a catharsis in the absence of any real moves, but it works.. kinda.  <_<

Either way, I'm confident TD will get our very good coaching staff enough good players to work with.  Go Bills!

259583[/snapback]

Seth McKinney would only cost us a 3rd round pick if Miami did not match our offer. I think he'd be an upgrade over Teague. If we signed him I'd release Teague for the cap savings. If we're going to convert a LT why not Mike Williams and just sign a RT with the money we save? We could have enough left over re-sign Price who is invaluable. If not maybe we could throw that money to LG Mike Wahle?

Guest BackInDaDay

All good points, but I would only consider signing an experienced C if I knew Teague could handle the LT spot. That may be too much to ask, so we'll have to convince ($$$) a RT to become a LT. This might work with the younger guys. Let 'em know they'll have the benefit of learning from one of the best line coaches in the biz, and that any semblence of success will pay off for them big time in a few years. The older UFA RTs (think of them as old FARTS if you wish) would take a lot more convincing, and that defeats the purpose.

Hell for all we know, with PW supposedly signing on with the Vikes, TD may be willing to go a little higher with the LT he already knows.