Couple Notes on RBs in the Mix

From Great Blue North Report (www.gbnreport.com)

The Raiders, though, are believed to be close to signing New York Jets RB LaMont Jordan when the free agent signing period early next week to fill their feature RB role.

So, for those who have been speculating on a Travis Henry-Jake Grove trade or Travis Henry-Charles Woodson, this should end those discussions.

From KFFL (www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl)

Cardinals | No Comment on Bennett - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:54:24 -0800

Don Seeholzer, of the Pioneer Press, reports Arizona Cardinals head coach Dennis Green would not comment on possibly working out a trade with the Minnesota Vikings for RB Michael Bennett.

Well then! That's the first I have heard of that possibility. Michael Bennett to the desert. We had not considered that one.

If TD is going to work some magic, it may be getting more difficult to pull a rabbit out of hat. That list of "five interested teams" may be shorter than advertised.

However, this is on CBS.Sportsline

The Vikings are reportedly not interested in trading RB Michael Bennett to the Dolphins, or any other team, according to the Palm Beach Post. The Dolphins are looking for a running back and have had Bennett's name on their wish list.

so maybe Bennett is not on the block

I think the Raiders would jump to trade Woodson for Henry right now, because it would be a purely cash-based move. The man counts $10M against their cap, they got burned pretty badly and he's not budging. If they asked a 7th round pick for him, there would be few suitors.

Yeah, but they're 17M over the cap with Randy Moss coming in. They wanted to trade him before he signed his tender, then they got suckered out of all their leverage. Barring some pretty painful other cuts, they'd like to move him VERY soon.

Yeah, but they're 17M over the cap with Randy Moss coming in.  They wanted to trade him before he signed his tender, then they got suckered out of all their leverage.  Barring some pretty painful other cuts, they'd like to move him VERY soon.

Word is the Raiders restructured some contracts and aren't all that bad off, even with Woodson signing his tender and Porter's and Moss' deals. I guess we'll see come Wednesday!

Jim Fassel was supposedly a hot commodity and look where that got him...

For many who think Henry is a big-time back - he is drawing small back interest.

256326[/snapback]

I'm surprised his agent didn't cook up some sort of public performance to show potential suitors that he was healthy. As it stands now, he seems to be damaged goods with a petulant attitude.

He and his representation are equally dumb.

I'm surprised his agent didn't cook up some sort of public performance to show potential suitors that he was healthy. As it stands now, he seems to be damaged goods with a petulant attitude.

He and his representation are equally dumb.

256363[/snapback]

What do you expect when you have an agent who drinks shot from bowling balls in the stadium parking lot?

Word is the Raiders restructured some contracts and aren't all that bad off, even with Woodson signing his tender and Porter's and Moss' deals.  I guess we'll see come Wednesday!

256306[/snapback]

Your right, a day or 2 ago Gannon reduced his contract from a base of 8 million to mid 700,000. Talk about a team player.