What Effect Does the WNY Economic Climate Have?

Alaska Darin

You can't get much worse than NYC-extra city taxes, housing is super expensive all over etc & the teams are still able to get quality free agents.  It also doesn't seem to hurt the California teams.

256082[/snapback]

But bigtime athletes in NYC get big endorsement deals and there is tremendous nightlife and alot of stuff there is comped for them.

Good enough? I guess, thats why I asked if you been here. But you left so your vote dont count.

256192[/snapback]

It don't? :doh:

I'm not concerned about my vote counting in NYS because unless things make some kind of remarkable turnaround, I'll never live there again.

I'll never live there again.

Were all heartbroken, just kiddin, but on a serious note I'm half and half confident that things may start to look up as soon as we get a new local government, mainly mayor and county exect. Small steps are in progress now, a nice step forward I've noticed is that the newly re-introduced homicide squad is startin to arrest murderers, in the past 10 years only 30% (that might be a highball) of our murders got solved, since the first of the year they caught 4 or 5 out of 6 or 7 killers. I know this has nothing to do with your thread, sorry.

I'll never live there again.

Were all heartbroken, just kiddin, but on a serious note I'm half and half confident that things may start to look up as soon as we get a new local government, mainly mayor and county exect. Small steps are in progress now, a nice step forward I've noticed is that the newly re-introduced homicide squad is startin to arrest murderers, in the past 10 years only 30% (that might be a highball) of our murders got solved, since the first of the year they caught 4 or 5 out of 6 or 7 killers. I know this has nothing to do with your thread, sorry.

256210[/snapback]

No offense taken (as if I'd care, anyway :doh: ). There is simply to much government in NY and it has virtually killed th business climate. You know they're in trouble when the best possible thing on the horizon is a possible Bass Pro where the CUSTOMERS will have to pay $6.00 just to park their cars. Ridiculous.

For whatever reason, NYS has the attitude that it's going to tax its way to prosperity. That's never been a very good plan.