how about vanderjagt?

Charlie68

I would rather take a run at vanderjagt than draft a K who is untested in the NFL.

What are Vandy's contract needs?

I just looked at his split stats

87.0% career

86.8% outdoor

87.1% indoor

84% in "windy"

100% in "cold" (but only 8 attempts in career, 8-8)

89% in "late and close" game situations

79.4% in 40-49

I think Indy will try to resign him to a more cap friendly deal, but the Bills could take a shot at it

We can stick with Lindell, as long as we hope the Bills never need to make a 49 yrd FG in a close game (i.e. in situations where you can't just punt for field position or go for it on 4th, as tha Bills did in these situations in 2004. Lindell had only 3 attempts over 40)

I would rather take a run at vanderjagt than draft a K who is untested in the NFL.

What are Vandy's contract needs?

I just looked at his split stats

87.0% career

86.8% outdoor

87.1% indoor

84% in "windy"

100% in "cold" (but only 8 attempts in career,  8-8)

89% in "late and close" game situations

79.4% in 40-49

I think Indy will try to resign him to a more cap friendly deal, but the Bills could take a shot at it

We can stick with Lindell, as long as we hope the Bills never need to make a 49 yrd FG in a close game (i.e. in situations where you can't just punt for field position or go for it on 4th, as tha Bills did in these situations in 2004.  Lindell had only 3 attempts over 40)

254468[/snapback]

are you for real you cant even count on lindell for a 40 yard field goal!i would love to have vanderjact on this team,a matter of fact that is one of the final pieces this team needs,go bills in '05

Yeah.. I'd take either Vanderjagt OR Nugent... ANYTHING is better than status quo.

254676[/snapback]

Exactly...anyone who thinks we can move forward with Lindell on this team is making one of the biggest blunders of the offseason. Lindell NEEDS to go, the guy struggles with 27 yarders and forces Mularkey to plan around his crappy kicking and pins him to taking drastic chances when any other team would just get the safe 3 points from their reliable kickers. We cant go into 2005 with him on our roster, we need an upgrade.

Whether it be Nugent, Vandy, Mare, etc...we need to replace Lindell.

take a look at his stats again from the top post:

86.8% career when Outdoor, which is right on his career overall of 87%

254878[/snapback]

Kicking outdoors in the AFC South for about half his career doesn't mean he'd be a great kicker in Buffalo weather. I think Nugent has the edge on him there, that's all.