10-24: Eric Wood and Rex Ryan Media Sessions

10-24: ERIC WOOD ON WGR (22:06)

Wood- "It feels like the sky is falling from what we're feeling, and in the media, but we have to regroup quick, NE is coming in this week."

Wood- "The Dolphins have 4 guys on that D-line that combine for over 200 sacks in their career, you won't face many teams that have that."

Wood- "I thought that hit on Aaron Williams crossed the line, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt."

Wood- "From my perspective, player safety let's keep that going. Cracking down on some guys for having fun, I don't see the importance."

Wood- " You can't take shots on defenseless players that aren't looking. To me a shot on a defenseless player does not make you tough."

Wood- "It got chippy. Games against divisional opponents are dog fights."

Wood on Mario Williams- "I don't think that they are any hard feelings from guys on our end."

Wood on McCoy- "A guy gets nicked, he'll get treatment all week, with soft tissues injuries you go out on game day and test it out."

Wood- "I'm glad that I don't play DB in the NFL today."

10-24: REX RYAN ON WGR (11:41)

Rex- "We knew it was gonna be a tough game. The biggest thing is they were in control of the game. They controlled the line of scrimmage."

Rex- "We were on the field too much on defense, we weren't on the field enough on offense."

Rex on Stills TD- "Sometimes you want a team to make that throw. I don't know what else we could've done. Gotta make a play on the ball."

Rex- "Even though we were being out played we still had a chance to win that game and I think that's what's really disappointing."

Rex on Landry- "You clearly are targeting, you clearly are launching, and you're clearly hitting our player in the head and neck area."

Rex- "Maybe the NFL should look at the college rule, and use the replay. This was clearly an avoidable hit."

Rex- "The only role a coach would play is evaluating him on the field. They have to get through all kinds of tests from med. department."

Rex- "I will never, ever, put a player out on the field if I didn't think he could play and protect himself, and wouldn't harm himself."

Rex- "Guys play through pain, but if guys are injured, you're not going to be out there."

Rex- "As soon as McCoy told us that he had tightness, we took him out immediately."

Rex Ryan: "We Need to Make More Plays" (18:54)

HC Rex Ryan addressed the media topics include; final thoughts on the Dolphins game, the hit on Aaron Williams, and the upcoming game against New England.

Rex speaking to media right now. "Even though we were up by 11 it never felt like we were in control because we were getting outplayed"

Rex confirms Aaron Williams was in meetings today at One Bills Drive. "We're still evaluating his head and neck."

"We're absolutely going to err on the side of caution" with Aaron Williams. -- Rex

Rex: "It was totally unnecessary hit. Was it a dirty hit? Yes." Landry on Williams

Rex uses "surprised" and "disappointed" in Landry hit on Williams.

On Landry's hit on Williams: "Totally unncecessay. Did he launch? Target? Yeah. Unsportsmanlike? Yeah. Now I have a player in jeopardy."

Rex uses Robert Woods as an example of a WR who blocks hard but says "I've never seen him target someone like that."

Goodwin - concussion protocol. McCoy - "we'll see how the week unfolds." Dareus - "Hopefully this will be the week" Woods - making progress

Seantrel Henderson is "working his way back"

"As soon as this is done and I do this radio thing, I'm done with this one." -- Rex Ryan

Rex says there wasn't a "real fight" pregame at New England. "A real fight would be two guys out there in the parking lot."

Rex: If every box is checked again with LeSean, he'll play. If one box isn't checked, he won't