Lets Go "CUSE"

JarHeadJim

This is going to be long, long winded, and at times, just plain incoherent. And if I offend, attack, or degrade anyone here I apologize. I have no idea where to begin. There is nothing to take back from this loss, with maybe that Walter Reyes can't return kicks and Damien Rhodes is about as SOFT as they come.

Our line, a supposed 'strength' was horrific. Wyche, the "next Freeny" sucked butt, along with the entire defensive line. I would feel more confortable with my family consisting of the front for than these jookers. And how wrong and !@#$ing humiliating is it whenn they cut the GAME to INETRVIEW RUPERT THE DIRTY SURVIVOR GUY. Our defense scheming/coaching was horrendous. Here's the philosophy behind it all. If you are facing a spread offense, you blitz the absoulte stevestojan out of it.

I'm talking 50 precent of the time here. And for those who are like, Cuseisloose, we did, and we got burnt on that long TD pass that was a slant. Well, damnit, as a coach you NEVER NEVER allow an inside release with no safety help. EVER. I don't care if you line up insside the WR, don't let him inside. Make the kid throw the tough pass to the sidelines. Don't let him inside.

Back to the blitzing -- look what happened to Spurrier in the NFL. No one feared him. The attacked him. Do the goddamn same here. At worse the score is 35-0, no 51 FRIGGIN points.

Secondly, our O sucked too, but the play calling was even worse. I don't blame Fields, Patterson, I BLAME P. With a D as quick as Purdue's you run right at the !@#$ing thing. You don't run slow developing counters and tosses. Run up the gut. Powers, Isos...do something. Fields lookede like a true freshman, but wasn't that bad. PP looked good too. I'm sad to say this but it wasn't the QB. PS -- Gregory looked like a (*^*&%^$^#out there...he may have caught a few, but it's embarassing to see a kid trap every ball against his body.

Jake can go suck my nuts. WE "DIDNT WIN BIG ENOUGH" When in the world did anyone here ever think we would loose by 50 TO PURDUE!!!!!!!! Not 10, 20, 30 FIFTY friggin points. On national TV. How bad is that? How bout we didn't loose big enough. What does he have to say to that. No wonder season tix are down...we aren't that good...but hey, I'll buy tickets for 50 bucks to eat dinner a !@#$ing stevestojan ass Applebee's so I can go watch SU loose to Pitt by 80. Jake -- suck it.

And as for recruiting, forget it. Phat, phan, I love ya to death but if you think Bass, Pommells, or Jesus Christ are going to be wearing orange next year you are dead wrong. Damn boys, lets open our eyes here. No way a recruit at home is going to like this. Pommels probably sees Rutgers as a better team right now...at least they have momentum going for them. I am tired of recruitng kids on 'potential'.

We have the best QB recruit in the nation in our backyard, and we can't even get a sniff. I don't care if he wants to be a BB coach or whatever...try and get this kid, THATS WHY we are paying you. we can be as optimistic as we want, but look at our classes and compare them with others over the last 4 years. HGo ahead and look on Rivals. Its not good. I don't write kids off early, but the law of averages weigh against us when we NEVER get a 4 or 5 star, or when the 4 star is soft as hell (Rhodes, I'm calling you out).

PS -- nice KR Walter.

This was one of the reactions on the Syracusefan.com board

recruiting...ha what a joke. we lose that kid from onondaga hs that broke all sorts of schoolboy records, and this qb that you speak of. why the hell wasn't rj anderson or gaines in the game, are they that bad that a frosh gets the nod? goddamit!!!!

If Purdue is kicking them down like that imagine what my Seminoles are going to do to them :w00t: .... 107-0  :o

19158[/snapback]

Um, I'm pretty sure RJ graduated that that's why he didn't play. The NCAA frowns on that kinda stuff.

I read that Greg Paulus (sp?) has already signed with Duke for bb but that he might just be the best HS quarterback in NY. This my friends is a big problem. If local kids loaded with talent want nothing to do with Cuse, the program is in big trouble.

Last years "presss conference" was the tip of the iceberg, this season is gonna be a train wreck and unfortuantely another wasted year.

well who the hell am i thinking of? i thought anderson was a sr this year. my bad.

Um,  I'm pretty sure RJ graduated that that's why he didn't play.  The NCAA frowns on that kinda stuff. 

I read that Greg Paulus (sp?) has already signed with Duke for bb but that he might just be the best HS quarterback in NY.  This my friends is a big problem.  If local kids loaded with talent want nothing to do with Cuse, the program is in big trouble.

Last years "presss conference" was the tip of the iceberg, this season is gonna be a train wreck and unfortuantely another wasted year.

19215[/snapback]

My cousin went to Syracuse on an athletic scholarship in the early 90's. He told me first hand how pampered the athletes were up there. Vehicles so that players wouldn't hurt themselves walking to practice and a Jacuzzi in their room. I guess now days you have to take your recruits to strip clubs to get them to commit.