What will Greg Roman do to Adapt?

Cover 1

I don't think it is curious at all. Greg Roman is the best run game coordinator in all of football. He will look at what you give him and a find a way to make a run game productive. He is creative, flexible, adaptable and all the other adjectives that only generally get applied to offensive coordinators who air it out much more. He has different style weapons in Buffalo than he had in San Fran so the run game looks different but the production is unquestionably there. If we can just be a little more unpredictable and creative in the passing game in 2016 than we were in 2015 (that in part is dependant on Tyrod's progression) then we will have a top 10 offense.

After seeing him in Buffalo and understanding how he has adjusted to his personnel and their strengths (and Erik's last video on the way our run plays developed as last year went on demonstrated that well) I have no problem in believing that he would be a successful head football coach. If the Bills have a top 10 offense in 2016 then the only way we still have Greg Roman on our staff in 2017 is if he is in Rex's office.

What I think is curious is how often Roman used 2 back sets in San Francisco and how infrequently he used them here despite the presence of Felton.

Erik covers this but still a surprise to me.

What I think is curious is how often Roman used 2 back sets in San Francisco and how infrequently he used them here despite the presence of Felton.

Erik covers this but still a surprise to me.

I said it in my run game series but I believe that he wanted to at the start of the season but he realized Shady doesn't run well having to follow a FB. He likes more zone concepts bc he can create. So he adapted concepts and formations to Shady. Unfortunately, those concepts and formations used the fb less and less. When Felton was called upon he struggled blocking in space.

8-11: BILLS' OC GREG ROMAN ON THE JOHN MURPHY SHOW (12:34)

Roman - I think we should be able to move forward in everything we do. There's going to be an evolution process. #Bills

Roman - I think we should be able execute at a more consistent level. We should stay on the field longer and control games #Bills

Roman - Our system is unique. The coaches were in first year of the system, but now they should be able to understand things better #Bills

Roman - All of our staff members get the system now. We're working on a pretty proficient level #Bills

#Bills OC Greg Roman - "Teams have to be concerned we might spring this or that on them."

Roman - at some level, everything we do has to make sense #Bills

Roman on Tyrod - a year older, a year wiser with the system. He's improving in every aspect of the game #Bills

Roman on upcoming preseason games - the goal is to allow players to play fast and compete so we can evaluate them. #Bills