Penn State Up 41-3 At Halftime Vs Akron

R. Rich

The defense looks decent. LBs still have trouble covering the flats, but they are fast enough to compensate for any coverage errors. Playing cover 2 seems to fit this defense well.

Zack Mills has completed "the cycle": he has a TD run, a TD reception, and a TD pass. Backup QB Michael Robinson is only a TD run away from completing a cycle of his own.

Tony Hunt looks to be a pretty good RB. Good speed and he makes decisive cuts quickly. Not much dancing around for him. Good thing, because...

The offensive line looks to be out of sync (sound familiar?). Once they get it in gear, they should be imposing.

Freshman LB Dan Connor has looked pretty good. Not many spectacular plays, but he can close quickly, meaning he'll be around the plays a lot this year. Then again, their entire LB unit is pretty fast.

Receivers look okay, which is a lot more than I expected. There's still another half to go, but I've been impressed with some of the catches I've seen so far.

Well, it's time for the second half. I'll return with a quick recap of the game when it's over. I'll also have a quick recap of some of the other games I've watched today. Man, I love having ESPN Game Plan in addition to the network coverage and cable (ESPNs, etc.) stations!

Taped the Buckeyes-Cinci game and watched this morning. Buckeyes need to settle the QB position. Zwick was having a tough time. Replacement QB Smith looked better. Rest of the team is better than I thought. D just swarmed to the ball and Tressel was stubborn about establishing the run. He never panics . OL played well. Still strong at WR and TE. QB is the the big issue. Need to get that figured out before the conference schedule kicks in. 3 TD win with MAC power Marshall next.

Saw all the highlights this morning. Watched the LSU - Oregon St. game last night. LSU was very lucky. So was Clemson. ND and Mich St. looked bad.

Taped the Buckeyes-Cinci game and watched this morning. Buckeyes need to settle the QB position. Zwick was having a tough time. Replacement QB Smith looked better. Rest of the team is better than I thought. D just swarmed to the ball and Tressel was stubborn about establishing the run. He never panics .  OL played well. Still strong at WR and TE. QB is the the big issue. Need to get that figured out before the conference schedule kicks in. 3 TD win with MAC power Marshall next.

Saw all the highlights this morning. Watched the LSU - Oregon St. game last night. LSU was very lucky. So was Clemson. ND and Mich St. looked bad.

18994[/snapback]

I agree with you about Zwick. For all the hype I've heard, he certainly didn't impress me at all. Same with Ginn. All this talk about him being the greatest Cleveland area athlete since Jesse Owens; he's got a lot of room to improve to even approach that type of legendary status. Defense is fine, of course.

The LSU game was interesting. It goes to show you that good teams can win any way, including 'ugly'. For all that they couldn't do in the first half, when they needed to step up late in the game, that's exactly what they did.

Notre Dame? Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamnnnn!!!! They look awful at this point. I would expect Ty Willingham to have this team a bit more focused than they look. What's the deal?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.