The Bills will be better in 2005

marck

There has been a lot of discussion on this board about the Bills taking a step back in 2005. In reality, the change at QB will have little impact on the upcoming season. The team is a solid playoff team in 2005, with its strengths on defense, special teams and running game. The change in QB moves us to being a playoff team with a young and developing QB instead of a playoff team who is "one and done" being QB'ed by a old veteran with no upside.

If the Bills had kept Drew, does anyone actually think the Bills would have gone to the Super Bowl? With J.P., the team can use the motion offense that Coach Mularky likes, put in plays that focus on Loseman's strengths and use the early part of the season to win with the strengths the team had in 2004 while J.P. brings his skills up to the NFL level.

Many fans see this as a Jon Kitna/Carson Palmer type issue and point to the Bengals taking a step back and see the same for the Bills. In reality the BENGALS DID NOT HAVE AN EFFECTIVE DEFENSE OR SPECIAL TEAMS and that was the reason for another 8-8 season. Carson Palmer had an excellent year and could have led his team to the playoffs if he had a stronger supporting cast.

Look for the Bills to be a 10-6 or 11-5 team and to win an AFC W/C spot in 2005 and then take the big move in 2006.

you bring up some interesting points. I certainly hope you are right. I wouldn't mind us getting a big RB to help Willis out and offer a change of pace. I'm talking a big bruising SOB in the Bettis/Duckett mold. I think that would help us tremendously.

Many fans see this as a Jon Kitna/Carson Palmer type issue and point to the Bengals taking a step back and see the same for the Bills.  In reality the BENGALS DID NOT HAVE AN EFFECTIVE DEFENSE OR SPECIAL TEAMS and that was the reason for another 8-8 season.  Carson Palmer had an excellent year and could have led his team to the playoffs if he had a stronger supporting cast.

243436[/snapback]

The B'gals had 14 players on IR last year including several starters. That's a bit of a reason.

They were #7 on ST's last season, IIRC.

If Palmer and C Rich Brabham played against the Bills in week 14, who knows?