Van Pelt thoughts On Thurs.

sistersarah

did anyone else catch the Alex's drift on Gilbride during the pre-game on the radio? Alex talked on how OC have a system that they know. When (was it Peck or Murph) said that Gilbride was stubborn last year for keeping on passing Alex tried not to step on toes and restated that Gilbride calls plays and such on what he knows and believes (remember this coach was famous for 'chuck and duck' I missed some of the pre-game and wondered if I was correct on this.

Go Bills!!

He was basically saying for example in 4 wide receiver sets Gilbride would have all of their receivers run an option based on the coverage on them then Bledsoe would have to react to all of the receivers adjusments and know where the reciever was going to be then throw the ball to a receiver. By the time Bledsoe would be able to figure out where to go with the ball he would have held on to the ball to long then get sacked.

He was basically saying for example in 4 wide receiver sets Gilbride would have all of their receivers run an option based on the coverage on them then Bledsoe would have to react to all of the receivers adjusments and know where the reciever was going to be then throw the ball to a receiver. By the time Bledsoe would be able to figure out where to go with the ball he would have held on to the ball to long then get sacked.

18196[/snapback]

Repeat after me Superhero: IT'S ALL BLEDSOE'S FAULT! He's been coached by some of the most brilliant offensive minds over his career, and had the best talent on offense year in and year out. His failures are strictly his own and no one can teach him anything. Or so I've been told. :wacko:

Except that Gilbride won't be running the offense in Jersey, and even if he did, Coughlin has the balls to tell Gilbride to run the ball or else.

18205[/snapback]

I always wondered where GW kept his cajones (my guess is in a jar next to the nightstand).

Williams never had enough moxie to tell any of his coaches who was in charge, which was his ultimate downfall. You're right, that won't be a problem with Coughlin.

Except that Gilbride won't be running the offense in Jersey, and even if he did, Coughlin has the balls to tell Gilbride to run the ball or else.

18205[/snapback]

I always wondered where GW kept his cajones (my guess is in a jar next to the nightstand). 

Williams never had enough moxie to tell any of his coaches who was in charge, which was his ultimate downfall.  You're right, that won't be a problem with Coughlin.

18270[/snapback]

Like I've said all along, GW didn't have any fellas down there. He had a vagina to go along with his man breasts. :wacko: